• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
I think the menu is on point for the season, and if top quality, locally sourced, fresh ingredients are used. I support the owner and chef that are not blindly deciding to open a restaurant serving sub par food. I anticipate fresh clean creations, and can't wait till my visit. You can follow along next week on 30A EATS Facebook as well as www.30AEATS.com to see what I had for lunch, and get the scoop on the restaurant...pictures included!
For those still in question, the location is East of Gulf Place in Blue Mountain Beach where Salty Dog's and Ballyhoo's once were in business.

What's your verdict?

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Finally we made it out to Local Catch Bar & Grill! The place is still rustic but very different in a good way. The service was great and lunch was delicious! I had the bacon burger - perfectly cooked with an aoili sauce and a delicious bun. Could very well be the new best burger in SoWal!

Fantastic outdoor seating area with TVs.

I am very excited about this new place. Chef Adam brings much talent!

Winelover

Beach Lover
Dec 31, 2011
I have been there twice and food is excellent! The pork debris sandwich is awesome...i am looking forward to trying more. I also like that the place is brightened up a bit, looks cleaner than previous establishment.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
I can't wait to try this place out!! I hope they succeed in this location, it is such a great spot! What is your music line up for this weekend?

chanster

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
food

it seems like people like the food. But the price of your food is outrageous. Not being mean but a shrimp po boy for $14 or an order of fries or garden salad at $5 is priced like a 5 start restuarant. i can get the biggest and best po boy sandwich at red bar for $11. i think it would help your business if your prices were more in line with the area

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
it seems like people like the food. But the price of your food is outrageous. Not being mean but a shrimp po boy for $14 or an order of fries or garden salad at $5 is priced like a 5 start restuarant. i can get the biggest and best po boy sandwich at red bar for $11. i think it would help your business if your prices were more in line with the area

Respectfully, I found the prices to be well in line with area restaurants delivering excellent food and service. Beleive me, the Chef is delivering a quality of dining that has never been in that location - not even close.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
We finally tried Local Catch last night. It was very good and we will go back. The Mrs had crab cakes and salad and thought the cakes were among the best she has had anywhere. I had the fish tacos with chips and pico de gallo on the side. Outstanding-the chips were made fresh in the kitchen. The pico portion was a little thin for the amount of chips provided, but the critique stops there. Our meal consisted of a coke and three import beers plus food and came in about $43. Not a bad price for these parts, and considering the food was superior to most, it was a good value, in my opinion. Service was excellent as well. Well done, Local Catch!

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
We finally tried Local Catch last night. It was very good and we will go back. The Mrs had crab cakes and salad and thought the cakes were among the best she has had anywhere. I had the fish tacos with chips and pico de gallo on the side. Outstanding-the chips were made fresh in the kitchen. The pico portion was a little thin for the amount of chips provided, but the critique stops there. Our meal consisted of a coke and three import beers plus food and came in about $43. Not a bad price for these parts, and considering the food was superior to most, it was a good value, in my opinion. Service was excellent as well. Well done, Local Catch!

I agree. Five of us ate there on Monday night, and everyone's food was delicious- I highly recommend the garlic spinach as a side. And the nachos with the pulled pork. And the shrimp poor boy. Prices in line with everything else on 30A for dinner. I had never sat foot in that building in any of the previous restaurant ventures, but from what our friends said, it is really cleaned up and totally different- for the better.

Which reminds me- there are drinks named after the predecessor places- you can order a Snapperhead, a Ballyhoo, I forget the others. Cute.