• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
http://www.resortquestbeachesofsouthwaltonvacations.com/rental/house.html?ID=4036&Avail=&Stay=

We are pet friendly and a two minute walk to the beach and Eastern Lake. Scruffy had a great trip there last week!
BTB do you ever, ever tell your guests about the rules concerning dogs on the beach? or are you only interested in making a buck so you do not care about inconvenient rules and regulations?

This infuriates me. I live in Walton County and I have a dog. She loves to go to the beach, but in order to do so we have to purchase a permit (that must be renewed every year), there are only certain times that we can enjoy the beach with our dog (before 8 a.m and after 4 p.m), and we have always complied with this rule. I wish the sheriff's patrol would enforce these rules, so as not to ruin it for the folks that abide by the law!! Oh, and you cannot get a 'temporary' permit, you MUST be a resident of Walton County to even be eligible to get one!! So, all you vacationers, you are NOT allowed to have your dog on the beach!!

Last edited:

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
So I assume from your attitude that you feel it is ok for anyone to ignore the law as long as it suits your purpose? How selfish can you be. Tourists should be encouraged to leave their pets at home. It's people like you who will ultimately ruin paradise with your live and let live attitude even if it infringes other peoples rights.

Keep the suggestions coming! We are about to sell our home and will be getting ready to buy another. It's just the two of us and a poodle who is crate trained. We don't allow her to roam around the house unsupervised. If we leave the house, we crate her up. Actually she gets into her crate without being prompted because she knows that when I put on shoes, we're leaving.

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
I love this area and live here, but I won't recommend the area to anyone who loves their dog because of the stupid anti-dog folks.

For the original posting, I would encourage you to look at Cape San Blas or St George Island. BOTH have plenty of dog friendly rentals and they welcome dogs on their beaches. Also no issues with the Private beach fiasco seen around here and the beaches are far less crowded.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Our favorite Pet Friendly rentals are at Camp Creek Cottages and Magnolia Cottages by the Sea. Just because you can't take your dog to the beach does not mean you can't bring your pet and still have a great time. As to unfriendly locals, ignore them, there are a few bad apples even in paradise.