• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DCollins

Beach Lover
Dec 1, 2010
Georgia
I know we just got a "YouPie" in Columbus, GA and I think there is one in Destin or PC, but they have really good and fresh ingredients. It's similar to a subway layout in that you go through a line and pick what kind of crust you want either white, wheat, or gluteen free and then you can pick your cheese, sauce, and toppings etc. They also have really good beer on tap and wine as well. They fire their pizza's in a wood fire oven and make pretty much everything in house. Very good.

DCollins

Beach Lover
Dec 1, 2010
Georgia
We were JUST talking about places to eat down there and a lady I work with JUST got done saying that Panama Pizzeria was awesome, she said the pizza's are big but that it's a very good pizza place. So try it out!

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Based on Tootsie's review we went to Fat Clemenza's this week and the pizza was fabulous and the service even better. Definitely worth the drive.

DCollins

Beach Lover
Dec 1, 2010
Georgia
Okay just got back from SOWAL and I only had the chance to try one pizza...and that was Fat Daddy's...I got the chicken pesto supreme...it was OK...nothing great and I will give Fat Daddy's another try and get something with marinara sauce instead of pesto...the 70 cent PBRs were a definite plus I'll tell you that much!

I want to try Amore next time I go. Is that worth going to?

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
We loved the pizza at Pickle Factory but we're also fans of the European style pizza at Fat Clemenza's (west of Sandestin in a strip mall). We also like the pizza at Ciao Bella at the outlet mall for an inbetween thickness crust. Hubs liked pizza bar more than I liked it. Pizza by the Sea is good but not great. It's been years since I've tried Bruno's. We really liked Amore but that was an owner ago-we've not tried it in a long time either. When hubs and I stayed for 2 weeks we'd have pizza at least twice/trip but hubs didn't go this year and I never even had pizza this year. I like pizza but when I'm in SoWal for a week or two, pizza's not usually at the top of my to eat list!

bigskybeachmom

Beach Lover
May 20, 2008
I have to advise fellow sowal folks to avoid trying panama pizzeria. We gave it a shot yesterday and it was an all around negative experience. It was dirty, flies swarmed us constantly (inside), service was not good and the food really really not good. Normally I would never express dissatisfaction on a forum, but our experience was that bad. Lesson learned - Stick to our sowal pizza spots!!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I have to advise fellow sowal folks to avoid trying panama pizzeria. We gave it a shot yesterday and it was an all around negative experience. It was dirty, flies swarmed us constantly (inside), service was not good and the food really really not good. Normally I would never express dissatisfaction on a forum, but our experience was that bad. Lesson learned - Stick to our sowal pizza spots!!

oh, too bad! we had a good experience there a few months ago but things were much slower around here when we stopped in. Really enjoyed the pizza and manicotti! I like how they have a full Italian food menu, unlike most pizza places.

Fat Clemenza's is special in many ways in addition to their pizza - it is a nice place to go for pizza and a full menu of outstanding Italian food!

If you have not tried Crust on Hwy 98 in Santa Rosa Beach, then do it. Totally delicious!!!

Last edited: