• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
Hubs and I are looking for a really affordable rental for 6/30-7/7; I'll be down there with my girlfriends for our 3rd annual girls trip 6/23-6/30 so my dates not flexible. This is one of 3 (maybe 4) trips for me n hubs this year so I need to be extremely budget minded. A studio is fine, carriage house, condo, house-whatever! I've got a few ideas from vrbo but do ya'll have any suggestions for me. I'm trying to come in for a price as close to $500 as possible.

We leave for Anna Maria Island for our 10 year anniversary on 5/12-excited for that but of course excited for the return to 30A in June, too! We have 4-5 day trip New Orleans this fall and a long weekend in Galveston this fall as well. I was already in Galveston for a week in March this year-cute town but our Texas beaches just can't compare to the panhandle of Florida!!!

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
$500 with taxes and cleaning? the owner would net $380. i'd be shocked with tax and cleaning during july 4th weekend if you find anything less than $750-$800

Last edited by a moderator:

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic
Check out Hidden Beach Villas. These are some of the more economical studios and 1 bedrooms on 30A. They are all different owners so some of them advertise $500 per week, but there is cleaning and tax on top of that. No idea on availability as that's a big week. The nicer units are slightly more, and if it were me I'd spring a few bucks more for the nicer ones, but to each his own. Or to each their beach. :)

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
Thanks Lenzoe, I have looked at some and they are quite economical! We spend little time in the rental so clean and comfy are my only true requirements-cute is a bonus!!! We've never stayed anywhere without our own washer/dryer and that's my only hangup with the affordable options. Still trying to decide, I've found some good options $700-850 total which certainly isn't bad.

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
I ended up booking a great looking carriage house that comes with bikes/chairs, use of owners pool and hammock, it looks great and the owner was very nice and funny on the phone! I could've found something cheaper but this looked like more fun!