• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

gringotim5

Beach Comber
Oct 5, 2011
Moving from California . Can you give me any info on how the surf is on 30A and where the most consistent spots are?

BonTempsBungalow

Beach Comber
May 12, 2009
You won't be surfing here - if there is any surf at all there is a red flag on the beach. The gulf is often as flat as a pancake!

surferjoet

Beach Lover
Mar 21, 2009
SRB
Welcome to the area, I had the same question about 3 years ago when I moved here . Didn't get much help from the locals on the forums.

I have found that blue mountain does break every now and than but the closest most consistent break is pompano joes on old 98.

When we doe get waves they are pretty fun but it's just not that often we do.

And they don't close the beach to surfing on a single red

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
Check with Bobby Johnson (BobbyJ) in the forums. He would be happy to provide you with all the details for this area.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Gringo,

Did you catch it yesterday. I found a good sandbar around noon that was a solid head high. Pretty violent as it was breaking in knee deep water. Kind of breaking like Newport. You just gotta look around. Being a gulf coast surfer is like being a weatherman. It can be waist at one spot and 30 miles away head high. Give me a call sometime and I will fill you in on how it works around here. I am attaching a few pics of me at a few local breaks so you can see it actually happens. The big wave is one of our hurricanes. Which I oddly love!

Attachments

• empty set.jpg
    empty set.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 153
  • hurricane bill.jpg
    hurricane bill.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 141
  • surf nico.jpg
    surf nico.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 165
  • watercolor 2.jpg
    watercolor 2.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 154
  • bobbyj61.jpg
    bobbyj61.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 142

gringotim5

Beach Comber
Oct 5, 2011
Also, Bobby J do you know of any long term rentals in Blue Mountain Beach that may be available starting July 1st? Or know of someone who might? My family and I are having a lot of trouble finding a 2 -3 bedroom house. We would like to find one in BMB if possible. Thanks for your help,
tim