• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

happydays32

Beach Comber
Jul 21, 2010
This week our extended family from the Liberty Community made our annual pilgrammage to santa rosa beach. A special time since our grandson is in "jump school" at Ft. Benning, GA and will be shipped to Afganistan shortly after graduation. While on beach, we came across a sign stating "Private Beach" at the waterline. People from condos with multi-vowel last names that have been shortened to smith and jones could be heard yelling in "loud" northeast and upper midwest dialects " to get the he--, outtt of heeerrreee". unfortunately, one of walton countys' finest deputies was apparently called and followed the instructions of this ellis island rabble and threatened to cite my grandson for trespassing. needless to say not a Memorial Day beach memory for him as he is embarks on defending liberty overseas. Fellow Walton Countians' this fall lets elect quality people and not the hacks now controlling local government and area law enforcment.

Carol G

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Point Washington
While many who read/post here on these forums agree that the beach belongs to everybody, you will not elicit much sympathy because of the rude, immature, and prejudiced way you have chosen to communicate your frustrations. Unless you are a Native American or an illegal immigrant, your family also arrived here by way of Ellis Island at some point, as did most of the rest of ours. I wish your grandson well, and hope he has more respect and tolerance for, and a better way of communicating about his fellow citizens while he is overseas.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
And I think your criticism is a little over the top. festus was making the point that the people yelling were probably not local residents but tourists. I, for one, am sick and tired of the signs on the beach and have implored the county many times to have them removed. If the sign was indeed at the "water line", it was in violation of the rule set out by the sheriff's office last year. As to the deputy, I would like to have Sheriff Atkinson respond here, on SoWal, just exactly what the policy is going to be this tourist season. It seems to change every year and there is no consistency as to enforcement. Since I nor others were not present, circumstances are unknown but if the young soldier was at the water's edge, the deputy was in error.

Joby

Beach Lover
May 12, 2010
The beach argument withstanding,
Festus's biased is apparent. Ironically he titled the thread "God's beach" then begins to criticize "God's children"