• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
Tragic news. From Walton County Sheriff's Office: The deceased body of Yafet A. Yaseph has been located. He was located on the shoreline in the Seagrove area. There is no other information at this time.

JoBu

Beach Comber
Jun 4, 2008
After learning that Yafet was deaf, i did some searching and found that he attended the Tennessee School for the Deaf (Knoxville) and was very involved in sports including basketball, football and track\field. I'm assuming he was in very good athletic shape. He was born in Ethiopia. A friend of mine now in Seaside said the two guys who made it to shore had to 'sign' to get people to call 911, so they may have been his school mates.

While searching i also ran across a few websites listing Berhanu (male) and Wubit (female) Yosepf as East African Baptist missionaries currently living in Ethiopia, but the sponsor church is in Jefferson City, TN. The website states: "BIO (Baptist International Outreach) was organized in 1985 for the purpose of opening countries closed to the Gospel by means of deaf education and other symbiotic methods that do not violate Biblical principles”. I see the spelling of the last name is slightly different, but there seems to be the possibility for a connection.

ThirtyAGal

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2007
Tennessee
Don't know about the above but the victim did live at TN School for the Deaf in Knoxville. His parents live in Clarksville, TN, but the school is a live-in situation for all the students. He was an incredible football player and all around "good" young man. Would have graduated next spring. So sorry for the friends and family.