• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Maystrong

Beach Lover
Apr 14, 2009
Seacrest
OK, I have a new "first" for myself as a local and think it should be added to the line being filled in "you are so SoWal if......". Yesterday afternoon, I slowly pulled up to the street from our parking lot.....could see people down the way on the sidewalk on foot and on bikes. Had to wait for a break in the 30A traffic to pull out....and here she comes.....a mom (in her Lily Pulitzer dress & matching sandals!) walking & texting with kids by her side on bikes. Her kids aptly went around the back side of my car, but mom, while walking and texting walked smack into the back side of my car! I could do nothing but crack up laughing....she looked offended, but continued on down the sidewalk...walking & texting!
So, you are so SoWal if you've been hit by a pedestrian! Gotta love the tourist season!

Joyce Owen

SoWal Staff
Oct 8, 2007
SoWal.com
Thanks for the laugh!
Honestly, some of our guests need to be aware of where they are, but it's no longer just a few that are so distracted (or even just visitors). Thankfully, the kids had better safety sense.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
You are so SOWAL if you slam on your brakes to avoid a stroller being pushed out in front of you in Seaside, you are releaved you didn't hit the dumb father that pushed his baby in front of you, and then he yells at you because YOU are driving on a county road and you could have hurt them.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
If you realize that it is 12:15 and you have been sitting at Grayt Coffee in Grayton since 9:15......and seen a whole parade of locals and tourists.