• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
For gulf views, the Vue (?) formerly Santa Rosa Beach Club; Bud & Alley's; Fish out of Water; Shrimp Shack has that great pavillion that a lot of people miss.
I guess the 2nd floor of Whiskey 723 could have a gulf view also - at least for now.
We've had Sunday Brunch at the Vue; check their hours, they may not be open to the public everyday - unless that has changed.
We have eaten breakfast at Fish out of Water - very nicely done.
Shrimp Shack food has been disappointing but we'll try again some time.
Will at least have to have a drink at Whiskey 723.
Counting down. New approach this year. We aren't leaving Friday after work and driving through the night. We're going to take Friday off and drive down and sleep somewhere inside FL then first head down to Mexico Beach and work our way west to Seaside. Next trip, we'll probably do the opposite, head to Pensacola. We've gone as far as Mobile and worked our way by the beach (as the road allows). Like the journey too.
Ellen

Breakfast: 1/2 the time Cheerios and strawberries; when we get bored with that we like Hibiscus, Great Southern, and Stinky's Liar's Club (not too often -calorific). Oops! I forgot muffins at Modica.

Lunch: Stinky's, Red Bar, Seagrove Coyote, Flip-Flops

Dinner: Borago, Cafe Thirty-A, Pizza Bar, Brunos

Last edited:

CastlesOfSand

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Breakfast: 1/2 the time Cheerios and strawberries; when we get bored with that we like Hibiscus, Great Southern, and Stinky's Liar's Club (not too often -calorific).

Lunch: Stinky's, Red Bar, Seagrove Coyote, Flip-Flops

Dinner: Borago, Cafe Thirty-A, Pizza Bar, Brunos

All very good!! Never miss Cafe Thirty-A or Red Bar. Marie's Bistro in Blue Mountain beach is very good! Angelina's pizzeria
in Seagrove, yum!! Nice bar tenders too! :D So much good food so little time........

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
If you like Bar-B-Que, try 98 barbeque in the same strip mall as Christiano's. The feast for four at $43.95 is a real deal.

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
I'd kind of forgotten 98 BBQ, we went there a year or 2 ago and have tried Barefood BBQ and I'm a fan of the Meltdown-anything with lots of cheese is wonderful in my book! I've wanted to try Boragos for a couple of years so I'm for sure going there for dinner.

Question about Marie's Bistro, week one I'm with a group of 8 women and 5 kids- 2 6 yr olds, a 10 and a couple of 12 ur olds, would Maries work for a group this size and description, these kids can dine out and behave pretty well but we are a little loud since we're a large group.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
My suggestion would be to call Marie's ahead of time and I'm sure Hanie and his group will work with you and have a place set up for you. Since they enlarged their area, they have much more room with which to work. The food is always excellent and I am sure you will not be disappointed.

We are now able (after expanding our place) to serve any size group (A family of 9 Dined with us four nights in the last 6 days they have 4 children) also a group of 16 (6 adults and 10 children) dined with us last night

We offer Kids ($6) and teens ($8) meals that includes Milk or soft Bev, and serve practically anything they like including (California rolls, Pasta of their choice and so on) the largest group we had was 7 families (14 adults + 22 Childrens) we gave them a separete room and served them Family style they had a blast. Please make reservations, if you plan a Wed. Dinner we let Children sing Karaoke up to 9pm. Looking forward to serve you

Thanks Mr Anderson, we always love srving you and Betty, Cannot wait till we get some delicious figs??
My suggestion would be to call Marie's ahead of time and I'm sure Hanie and his group will work with you and have a place set up for you. Since they enlarged their area, they have much more room with which to work. The food is always excellent and I am sure you will not be disappointed.