• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I just read on another thread that Alys Beach is putting in fountains? Please tell me more because we have a place need Alys Beach and we're very happy to be near Alys Beach because it's a beautiful, well-cared for, and open to the community place. So, what are the fountains going to be like? We really enjoyed the Fountains at the Villages of South Walton about 8 years ago when they were running. Lots of great photos of the kids running through the colorful water spurts that "danced" to music. We'd get ice cream and watch the children play in the fountains. Great fun.

Alys Beach

Beach Fanatic
Sep 13, 2006
www.alysbeach.com
The fountain is currently under construction and should be ready early July. It is located in the Amphitheatre (where we have concerts and plays). It is an interactive fountain, so it is for playing by the young and the young at heart.

CampCreekLou

Beach Lover
Feb 25, 2005
The fountain is currently under construction and should be ready early July. It is located in the Amphitheatre (where we have concerts and plays). It is an interactive fountain, so it is for playing by the young and the young at heart.

Does Alys Beach welcome visitors to their community, yet lock them out from the beach like Rosemary Beach? Or do you have more of a community spirit, like Seaside?

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well

I'm so happy I could cry! Even though my kids are no longer kids, I have no doubt the fountain will bring back happy memories and they'll continue to play in them. I'm sure it will be beautifully designed, as is the rest of Alys Beach. Now, will Alys Beach have ice cream cones for sale (say, at Fonville Press)?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
The fountain will be open to the public in about a week and I hope to be first in it. It dances nicely and has cool lights.

120628-alys-004.jpg