• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Deputies with the Walton County Sheriff’s Office have located Meagan Williams, a 12 year old female who was reported as missing from South Florida on June 23, 2012.

Williams met the suspect, Dana Broberg, 30, while on the internet. Broberg drove to Margate, FL, and picked the child up from her home.

An Amber Alert was released for Williams from the Margate Police Department.

Law enforcement was able to pin point the location of the subjects through phone tracking and were alerted that they were entering Walton County shortly before 4 p.m. Sunday afternoon.

Deputies and other law enforcement began patrolling I-10 and were able to spot a vehicle, a silver Malibu, which matched the description of the suspect’s vehicle given from the Amber Alert.

At approximately 4:10 p.m., a traffic stop was conducted by a WCSO deputy on this suspect vehicle, in which the suspect and victim were found.

Williams, the 12 year old kidnapped girl is safe at this time.

Broberg was arrested and was taken to the Walton County Jail in DeFuniak Springs where he's being held for Margate, FL., authorities.

passin thru

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2007
Wow, that's excellent, that the good guys can "win" one of these. This is how it's supposed to work. Good job WCSO.

happydays32

Beach Comber
Jul 21, 2010
our sheriff has eliminated eighty percent of the department personnel since taking office nearly four years ago. i guess he's lucky the south florida veteran law officers had the experience to break this case.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Dude what is it with you and the Sheriff. I didn't vote for him and I think he does a decent job. You gotta beef spill it, I am sure it makes an interesting read.

fletch7245

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
Bob, I agree with you. If he has been able to cut 80% of his staff and continue to provide us service, he is doing a great job! Wonder how many other departments can make similar cuts?

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I don't think for a moment they have reduced staffing by 80%, they may have had a crap load of turn over and if that be the case, I haven't heard about it. I would have serious issues with a high turn over rate such as that but I would also need to know why.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Exactly what I was thinking. The sheriff cuts personnel by 80% (which, in reality, I doubt) and gets knocked for it? So much for limited government, reduced costs and more efficiency. His deputies did a great job of notifying swimmiers on Sunday that double red flags meant the Gulf was dangerous and to stay out of the water...Oh, wait, that was South Florida law enforcement that showed up on our beach.:sarc: