• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
There has been little wind or rain overnight here, although the surf is still up and double red flags are flying.

Looks now like we are on the west side of the storm which is the "good" side. Most of the rain is in the big bend area and the peninsula of Florida.

at201204.gif

at201204_radar.gif

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
There is a bit of erosion - no wind damage. It is really nice here today just a bit breezy. The surf is rolling in and sun is shining. Just took this pic at Seagrove. You can see the debris line right up to the toe of the dunes. That means in high-risk areas there was probably a bit of dune erosion.

If the storm had passed to the west of us instead of a bit to the east we'd have a lot of wave action, surge, and erosion.

The first tropical storm or hurricane we get a big blow from we are going to lose a lot of dunes. Beach nourishment (pumping sand on to the beach) should be highest priority IMO.

120625-seagrove-debby.JPG

Last edited:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Those that don't think our sheriff's department does a good job should read this. Two deputies were just on Blue Mountain Beach warning people about the double red flags. One man let his little boy, no more than 8 or 9 at the most, go out a good ten yards from him with a bogie board. His smaller daughter was up to her shoulders in the surf. Shortly thereafter the deputies arrived and chased people out of the water. Adagio should tell their guests what the flag system means and that they should stay out of the water. I guess they don't care, they already have their money. Personally, I don't want a drowning on BMB but the way some are acting it is a distinct possibility.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Those that don't think our sheriff's department does a good job should read this. Two deputies were just on Blue Mountain Beach warning people about the double red flags. One man let his little boy, no more than 8 or 9 at the most, go out a good ten yards from him with a bogie board. His smaller daughter was up to her shoulders in the surf. Shortly thereafter the deputies arrived and chased people out of the water. Adagio should tell their guests what the flag system means and that they should stay out of the water. I guess they don't care, they already have their money. Personally, I don't want a drowning on BMB but the way some are acting it is a distinct possibility.

There are still people swimming down there. You can watch them on the Blue Mountain WebCam.

http://ajs01.dyndns.org/jview.htm

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
No rain in SoWal today but counties east are getting hammered. No doubt there are some happy surfers in our area. Surfers are allowed out on boards as long as they have a leash.

120625-seagrove-026.jpg

120625-seagrove-023.jpg
Notice debris line right at base of dunes.

120625-seagrove-017.jpg
North wind makes for awesome wave displays.

120625-seagrove-012.jpg

120625-seagrove-010.jpg

Caroling

Beach Fanatic
Notice debris line right at base of dunes.
North wind makes for awesome wave displays.
About 7 a.m. Eastern Lake was opening up to the Gulf. The entire inoutfall behind me in this photo was lined with garbage. Hope it is swept away with high tide or we'll need some dedicated beach cleanup. The blue heron is getting pretty fearless, flying in near the people.

eLakeInoutfallDebby2m.jpg