• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

hkem1

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
I had a great burger at Great Southern. They don't serve fries, I don't think. But they have roasted potatoes and other delicious sides (not the same as a good fry, I agree).

Great Southern is a perfect example of a place with a great burger, but less than average fries. It's usually better just order a different side.

tmdempsey

Beach Crab
Mar 16, 2010
Best burger in sowal?!!!!!

:clap:
House of Klaus next to Hurricane Oyster Bar has a great burger!

House of Klaus has GREAT burgers...never frozen and ....just off the chain!!!! They are good....Great Daily specials too....I am a regular and its delicious! :love:

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
If you're going to cross county lines, the outpost of Tucker Duke's at the bowling alley in Destin might be worth a try. Love their other location in Valparaiso.

Tried Tucker Duke's it today. It was really good. They have 8oz burgers($5.95) which are a little large for us and they had no problem splitting it. We didn't venture out and have one of their specialty burgers but surely will the next time we stop by. AND they only use salt and pepper...no mystery ingredients. It was perfect. The bowling alley was not crowded and it was a pleasant change.

Last edited:
Great Southern is a perfect example of a place with a great burger, but less than average fries. It's usually better just order a different side.
I'm not a fries connoisseur, so I'd much prefer another side. I love the turnip greens as a side with my burger at Great Southern and the slaw at Flip-Flops (a touch of mayo, a touch of vinegar, not sweet, and well-seasoned with celery seeds).

I always make sure I order medium well to I get a juicy burger. Except the bison burger at Ted's Montana Grill which tends to be dry, so I order medium.

DCollins

Beach Lover
Dec 1, 2010
Georgia
I was down in SOWAL last week to get a chance to try all the burgers mentioned on here, but unfortunately there just was not time to try all these places!! I did get the chance to go to pickles and try theirs. The burger was amazing as were the fries. The fries were so crispy and golden brown. They serve beer which was a plus too! My fiance' said it was one of the best burgers she had ever eaten!

I'm coming down again for my bachelor party labor day weekend and I want to try to get to McTighes to try their burger one day. We are staying in Gulf Trace in Grayton so look out!

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
No offense Teresa, but Pickles burgers are disgusting!!!!! Red Bar gets my vote!!!!!!

Scooter, don't know when you had your last burger at Pickles. We finally went to check out the new burger and fries and still not really excited. The meat had a pretty good taste for grass fed, but the texture was too dense for me. Happy there were no mystery ingredients in the burger. The Masada Bakery bread was a little overwhelming for the burger. The fries were pretty good but not near as good as Edward's. They were a little limp and not real hot. But they were the real deal. I commend them for their effort, but they still have a way to go to justify $17.50 for a regular size burger, small fry, and 16 oz coke, including tax and a 2 buck tip. I'll try them in August or September when the crowds die down.