• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Annie66

Beach Lover
Mar 21, 2012
Seagrove Beach
I understand that the board meeting on Wednesday night was very interesting. A friend who attended said that Chairman Wallace was particularly irritated at some comments and questions.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Some food for thought and a question or two. There were two candidates for Dist. 5 until late May or early June. The choice was clear, either the incumbent or the challenger, Cindy Meadows. All at once, Tim Paul enters the race at the last minute. I do not understand why he did not make his intentions known much earlier. What he will do is split the vote, pure and simple. Was this his intention once Ms. Meadows announced that she would run? This is exactly what happened the last time in Dist. 5 when Alan Osborne and Bob Hudson split the vote. ann watson is correct. The only solution is for voters to realize this is happening and act accordingly.

Cindy Meadows was a Walton County Commissioner for all the people of Walton County. Observing her for all of her term, I saw no special interests given any leeway whatsoever and that was during the time of the most development in South Walton. It is my understanding that she did not run again due to extenuating personal circumstances. She deserves to finish the good work she did so well previously.

I totally agree. She is in touch with south Walton and how to represent us and what we need.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
Mr Pauls:

On you website did you mention how you barricaded Butler Elementary so the school buses couldn't use the right of your property to get the children to school or home?

Did you mention how you combined three residential lots with a commercial lot on 30A while you were office for your own personal gain of a sale over a million bucks?

The Voters of Walton County beware!

Last edited:

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
In the district 3 race it looks like Mr. Imfield is far and away the most qualified. I haven't met either candidate but if credentials mean anything he looks more promising.

lazin&drinkin

Beach Lover
Apr 13, 2010
I've had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Imfeld. He is as impressive in person as he is on paper. Of the several really good candidates for the 5 spots, he has both financial acumen and experience in county government in excess of the others. He likewise has a reputation for integrity that we sorely need. He is his own man and not a front for the usual vested interests. He will get my vote.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I've had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Imfeld. He is as impressive in person as he is on paper. Of the several really good candidates for the 5 spots, he has both financial acumen and experience in county government in excess of the others. He likewise has a reputation for integrity that we sorely need. He is his own man and not a front for the usual vested interests. He will get my vote.

I couldn't agree more and he will get mine as well. For what its worth, and that's not much, here are my other choices as I feel those who feel strongly about elections should not be above saying for whom they will vote. Dist. 1 Bill Fletcher
Dist. 5 Cindy Meadows

1amos1

Beach Comber
Dec 26, 2011
I have been a resident of Walton county for the past 14 years, a property owner for 30 years and a business owner here for 18 years. During that time the most responsible commissioner we have had has been Cindy Meadows. In my view most of the other commissioners have used the office to promote agendas that were in their personal interest, their business interest, or their cronies business interest. Those that were not
Furthering their own interests were too weak kneed to stand up for the interests of their constituents. Cindy was often the only vote standing against the narrow interest of a developer.
The last thing we need is to have a developer (Tim Pauls) back on the Board.

lazin&drinkin

Beach Lover
Apr 13, 2010
Cindy will get my vote, too, and I'm inclined toward Mr. Fletcher principally on the basis of your being impressed with him, Andy. I'm reserving judgment until I meet him and hear more directly from him, but he's looking good.

DaleDalbey

Beach Fanatic
Nov 1, 2011
Pay attention. Ms Jones email correspondence has been subpoenaed by the FBI. Not saying she is guilty of anything, just saying there is an investigation. Can she concentrate on that and serve the county?