• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Joyce Owen

SoWal Staff
Oct 8, 2007
SoWal.com
Kerry O’Connor, the sassy waitress/manager at Don Pedros, died Friday, June 22.
Miguel Alvarez said she had been a part of the staff for 10 years and that he and his father, Pedro, were saddened by her sudden death.
I wrote about her in my column in the Walton Sun several years ago. She was a spitfire, challenging the norm for waitresses, as she dished out insults, bantered with regulars and frequently shocked first time visitors with her comments.
But she was one of the kindest and most caring people I’ve known. She noticed the little things -- like a bandage indicating a recent blood draw, the loss of weight or change in diet – that would elicit concern and a promise that she would pray for the customer.
Miguel is planning a gathering at the restaurant to honor and remember her. Details to be announced.

dragonfly8201

Beach Comber
Mar 29, 2012
Kerry was also known as "Outlaw". She was our regular waitress for our Emmaus Reunion group which has met at Don Pedros on Fridays for years. We are deeply saddened by her sudden death and will miss her greatly.

mvy

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2008
OMG! We just saw her earlier in the week. She said she felt terrible and was going to the doctor as soon as she got off. I am so sad. She was truly a character and a delight to interact with.

Bill F

Beach Comber
Jan 13, 2012
I knew Kerry from Don pedros...great girl. But my friend Carolyn and her were friends for many many years. It was very hard on carolyn......she misses her dearly. Kerry was a great person......she will be missed by MANY! SHES IN A BETTER PLACE THOUGH....