• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
They are not the only ones that have put up signs, there are others.
You are absolutely correct. I have asked the BCC on several occasions at their meeting to have ALL OF THEM removed. If the BCC can control and say what signage is allowed on the scenic higways, they certainly can do so on the beach as well. My request has been met with deafening silence.

tailwagger

Beach Fanatic
Dec 9, 2004
I think the signs may have something to do with lawyers (duh).

What I mean is, it's something about marking your territory to set you up so that in the future you can tell a judge that you marked your beach and some legal mumbo jumbo about public use and private use and yada yada yada...

It would be more polite if they just peed on our leg like I like to do to lawyers when I linger around the courthouse steps.

tailwagger

Beach Fanatic
Dec 9, 2004
You are absolutely correct. I have asked the BCC on several occasions at their meeting to have ALL OF THEM removed. If the BCC can control and say what signage is allowed on the scenic higways, they certainly can do so on the beach as well. My request has been met with deafening silence.

I wonder what would happen if a beach patrol on a 4-wheeler ran into one and it decapitated him or her? Just the thought of it might send a commissioner into a frenzy (hint hint) oh my the county could be sued and so could the PRIVATE property owner!

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Andante only had 4 signs posted last week :sosad:

They also have a security person, we met him two weeks ago. :nono1:

Also they list private beach in their real estate listings.

Experience Andante. We invite to enjoy the best of beach life on 30A. Price is Reduced. Andante Penthouse 8 is a 4,300 sq. ft. luxury 4 bedroom/4.5 bath residence with 570 sq. ft. of gulf front balconies and is currently the only residence offered for sale in this condominium community consisting of only 10 residences. Andante sits approximately 40 feet above sea level overlooking 240 feet of private beach with a gated gulf front pool.

PearlSB4U

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2010
When Carl Sandburg was asked what the ugliest word in the English language was, he replied "Exclusive."

CampCreekLou

Beach Lover
Feb 25, 2005
On the Private Beach of Seacrest! :D

What cracks me up is all the beautiful, empty beach in the background.