• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Augie

Beach Comber
Jul 9, 2012
Honestly, I have stood at the cross walk at the end of Somerset Bridge road with delivery trucks, people driving all over the place, people getting upset and motorist burning rubber out of the gas station. Not to mention the regular traffic on 30-A has picked up speed in this particular area, you just think to yourself. Im gonna get killed here.

Drivers on 30A need to be more respectful for people and courteous to drivers. We make a point to do that, in particular, at the Tom Thumb intersection. Even when it should be clear to other drivers that we are stopping to yield to pedestrians and other vehicles at that intersection, other drivers going the opposite direction frequently roll on through. Stopping for others costs a tiny amount of time yet helps others.

Seagrovestateofmind

Beach Lover
Mar 9, 2012
Hoover AL and Seagrove Fl
As a new owner at Seagrove Highlands off of Somerset Bridge Road, I concur that this intersection is a mess. I was down last week, and it was a challenge at times to get accross the street. About one in five cars would stop for pedestrians. Not to reopen the ongoing discussion, but none of the road cyclists ever stopped.

When the big delivery trucks park out next to 30A, it is hard for drivers on Somerset Bridge to see east without almost pulling out into the intersection. Then you end up blocking the path.

Word6er

Beach Lover
Jul 30, 2009
Seacrest, FL
Around 8:45 this morning, there was a small traffic jam in front of the Tom Thumb in Seagrove. Five vehicles were lined up in front of me. It appeared that a vehicle struck the back of a moped. The driver of the moped looked a little bruised up and pushed his moped over to the Tom Thumb parking lot. The driver that struck the moped was waiting in the Tom Thumb parking lot.

I just read this post yesterday about the Tom Thumb in Seagrove and thought it was crazy that this took place this morning.

LJ123

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2009
I totally agree about the area near Tom Thumb/Seagrove. Delivery trucks block visibility for cars and walkers and people pulling in and out of the lot for gas and shopping are reckless and in a big hurry. Add the 30A motor vehicle traffic, bikes and walkers and you have a formula for tragedy. Before this happens what steps can we homeowners take to get some laws enforced and changes made to make the area safe?
Who do we contact in Walton County?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake

Really! Word on the street is that the moped driver was looking down at his iphone, reading the SoWal app about the traffic problem at Tom Thumb, when he was hit... I'M JUST JOKING!! Seriously, I think Tom Thumb needs to get its vendors to park their trucks on the side, or the back of the building when unloading. It's a simple thing that would reduce one of the biggest problems of a very complex intersection.

Last edited:

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
That intersection in one word: Can you say Cluster****?

The intersection by Bruno's and Butterfly Bikes is a close second.