• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Wuchie

Beach Lover
Apr 10, 2012
Where can you by groceries on 30A? We will be staying at The Village of South Walton.

kyleresq

Beach Lover
Jan 19, 2012
There is a great Publix about 5 minutes east of the villages on 98, and Seacrest Sundries in the villages is a great local spot that has staples like eggs, butter, wine, etc. Yes, wine is a staple!

Wuchie

Beach Lover
Apr 10, 2012
Thanks for being so helpful! This forum is amazing! Missouri friends looking forward to our visit in Sowal; see you all on Saturday.

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
It's a lovely publix just of 30A but not the biggest store and insanely crowded on Saturday evening (from about 4-close it seems). If you can hold out and get to the store when it opens Sunday morning, you'll be much happier! We had a group of 13 and a HUGE shopping list so we got back on Hwy 98 and headed west to the Walmart-I know they're the big bad but since we spent $550 there I can barely imagine what we would've spent at the grocery store! Walmart is about 10-15 minutes west of Seagrove on the North side of 98. There's also a larger Publix if you go West on 98 or East on 98 almost to Panama City and there's a Winn Dixie and CVS East on 98 almost to Panama City. There's a Dollar General a little East on Hwy 98 from Seagrove.

ya'll have fun!

Last edited:

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
During the season, the only reason to set foot in a grocery store down here on a Saturday from late afternoon through evening is if you're in emergency need of toilet paper, diapers, or feminine hygiene products.

Another option is For the Health of It in Blue Mountain Beach. They're small, but can have things other stores don't.

http://www.shopforthehealthofit.com/

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
yeah and if you have to run into that crazy Publix for emergency items or 2, go to customer service to check out and avoid the completely insane line! the Sat before July 4th they created one superline that went all the way back to cold cuts and sausage at the back corner of the store!!! I've been coming down for years but this was the craziest I've ever seen it!

austin78735

Beach Comber
Jun 20, 2008
Speaking of Publix, are there specific items you must have at the beach?

When we went to another Florida beach, the locals recommended specific items to me that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. We don't have Publix here in Texas and I was told to get the shrimp and have Publix steam it for me. Do the Publix in South Walton do this? Also, they had outstanding subs....same there? Any specialty (or non-specialty) items you recommend from Publix or any other markets? For example, Modica Market in Seaside?
Thanks for any help!!