• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Some owners do own the beach up to the mean high water line. Just look at the attachment. Lots 1 and 2 extend to the mean high water line. Lots 3-6 don't; there is a designated common beach area in from of them. There are many other plats like this.

I would think that the owners of lots 1 and 2 would allow people to sit on their beach unless those people sat up a tacky tent city there. But who knows? Only one of lots 3-6 has been built on, and neither lot 1 nor 2 has been built upon.

Attachments

• hdplatcrop.pdf
    116.1 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal

As I was walkin' - I saw a sign there
And that sign said - no tress passin'
But on the other side .... it didn't say nothin!
Now that side was made for you and me!

-Woody Guthrie-

Happy Birthday Woody! This land WAS made for you and Me....

Everytime

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Shelby County, Alabama
Some owners do own the beach up to the mean high water line. Just look at the attachment. Lots 1 and 2 extend to the mean high water line. Lots 3-6 don't; there is a designated common beach area in from of them. There are many other plats like this.

I would think that the owners of lots 1 and 2 would allow people to sit on their beach unless those people sat up a tacky tent city there. But who knows? Only one of lots 3-6 has been built on, and neither lot 1 nor 2 has been built upon.

You know, I've been going to Eastern Lake Rd several times a year since 1988, and never knew that it was a continuation of CR 395! I guess it piggybacks 30-A from the "main" intersection in Seagrove.

there are signs like that all up and down the beaches where people are tryign to kee pthere beach "private". the problem is that the beach is technically public property. Yes they have rights to the edge of there property line, but that line does not extend all the way to the water. Most of the time, these places are fenced in. As long as you stay out of the fenced in area, your good. My family ignores the signs and camps out in front of multi-million dollar homes all the time. If the owners do call the cops, odds are even if the police did respond, there is nothing they can do about it (usually. if your drunk or extremely rude, then they might take ya away for that, but if your just a family out enjoying the weather, dont worry). The beach and water is considered public property by eminent domain, just like all rivers and sand banks along those rivers, even when the river goes strait through private property, is still public land.