• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

hippiechick

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
I live very close to the Tom Thumb in Seagrove. I drive by every morning and every afternoon. Mornings aren't too bad, but afternoons, good grief. You have Tourists with all their Beach stuff trying to cross to and from the Beach, Motorists trying to get gas, delivery Vehicles all over the parking area, locals and tourists alike trying to park to buy essentials, plus non stop traffic of bicycles, golf carts, pedestians, and frankly it is a receipe for disaster. It is amazing to me that noone has been hit yet. Making delivery vehicles pull the side of the building would help. But you have a small quicky store in a heavily populated Tourist driven tiny town, and this is what you get. I would like to suggest the manage of the Tom Thumb, who ever that is, address the parking of the large trucks to make it a safer place to pull in and out of.

Beauty hunter

Beach Fanatic
May 3, 2009
That intersection in one word: Can you say Cluster****?

The intersection by Bruno's and Butterfly Bikes is a close second.

For real- i agree with your assessment- 5 * word that packs some punch ~ i always called the Tom Thumb intersection little NYC
If u want something done about it, you'll have to open your mouth & do it {not specifically u NDY- whoever}

Agreed. I was there in February and there was a line of cars out to 30a, with cars lined up in both directions, and no one had room to move. This was the weekend of seaside yard sale so it may have been busier than normal but i think the point is definitely relevant.

Seagrovestateofmind

Beach Lover
Mar 9, 2012
Hoover AL and Seagrove Fl
Was back down this weekend. One morning a big truck was parked parallel to 30A and was almost even with Somerset Bridge Rd. I had to stick 3 ft of my MINI out into 30A to have any vision to the left. If anything other than a road bike had been coming, it could have been very bad. Basically had the same problem with one parked parallel to Somerset Bridge another time this weekend. Someone is going to get messed up big time there.

Augie

Beach Comber
Jul 9, 2012
I do believe the gates at Beachwood as well as Village of Sugar Beach were originally installed to keep traffic from using their residential areas as a cut thru to avoid the Tom Thumb chaos.