• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Crutch

Beach Crab
Jul 8, 2012
local
Finally, finding their website, I was wondering about the "Christian family values" and being "surrounded in a Christian atmosphere". Could and would I recommend this to my Jewish friends?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Honestly I had never heard that it was a "christian fractional". The only thing I remember is that there were delays in construction and completion, sitting idle for quite awhile. Did a christian group or investor buy it? I'd like to hear the story.

http://www.magnoliaresidenceclub.com/
Finally a family retreat founded on Christian family values! Magnolia Private Residence Club is a place where your entire family can enjoy the white sandy beaches of the Gulf Coast and remain surrounded in a Christian atmosphere.

melscuba

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
Roswell, Ga hoping SoWal someday
We own a home in Magnolia Cottages by the Sea, the homes just behind the PRC. I've never heard that before either. My guess, if you are seeing that, is an attempt to thwart party-ers, etc.. It is a quiet neighborhood where everyone enjoys the neighborhood but basically keeps to themselves. Loud music and all night hours would neither be welcomed nor tolerated I am sure. But, Jesus is not presently hanging on crucifixes in the hallway..... at least not outside, or by the terrace level pool (gorgeous view of the gulf btw). There are no services or masses being held, to my knowledge, on site. I feel most confident your Jewish friends would feel welcomed.

I know a lot of Christians who party and listen to loud music, especially Episcopalians. LOL. I was raised as a Baptist, and my mother told me I'd get struck down by lightening if I drank alcohol. So you can imagine how scared I was when I had my first drink in the French Quarter as a freshman at Tulane. :yikes: I switched to the Methodist church.

I personally know people who own in that neighborhood, who party, are gay, don't go to church, and they've never had any problems there with fundamentalists to my knowledge.

Rachael Ashman McKee

Beach Lover
May 21, 2012
Seacrest
I was raised Episcopalian and I believe the word is Whiskeypalian LOL. When You said you took your first drink in the French Quarter, a Freshman at Tulane, waiting for the lightening strike , I had to laugh. I will put that next to the line a lady told me about being conceived in Mobile on Mardis Gras under an azalea bush. So, would you please tell me the drink that you had. I hope it was a Hurricane.

I was raised Episcopalian and I believe the word is Whiskeypalian LOL. When You said you took your first drink in the French Quarter, a Freshman at Tulane, waiting for the lightening strike , I had to laugh. I will put that next to the line a lady told me about being conceived in Mobile on Mardis Gras under an azalea bush. So, would you please tell me the drink that you had. I hope it was a Hurricane.
Whiskeypalian -- I hear ya!

My first drink was at The Playboy Club because my date was a member. It wasn't a hurricane -- I think he ordered a Tom Collins for both of us.

But here's an amazing conception story. Hubby and I went to NOLA for a vacation and dined at K-Paul's. Paul was there and signed a cookbook for us with his slogan, "Good cookin'! Good eatin'! Good lovin'!." The next day we left for home. Hubby then left for the ATL airport on a business trip for several weeks. I started having nausea for a couple of weeks while hubby was gone, so I called my OB-GYN. He said that it was impossible for me to be pregnant (as had the docs at Duke, UF, and MCG) and sent me to a gastroenterologist. That doctor said he'd start me on Zantac, but first he wanted to do a pregnancy test. I told him it was a waste of time. But the test was positive!

We told Paul this story about a miraculous conception after dining at his restaurant. So after that we got special treatment at his restaurant.

"Good cookin'! Good eating'! Good lovin'!."