• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
First, I believe I have a job in my future recruiting new visitors:). My cousin (from Vermont) came down for a month in Feb. Her sister, from Indiana, just brought her daughter and grandson with her. At work, three people are visiting this year for the first time, and one person who is Gulf Shores now, is tired of touristy places and will head over here the next time:)
I took off Friday, 11 hour drive from Louisville. We headed all the way down 65 to exit 69 to start our visit at Pensacola Beach. We drove that lovely beach route east, stopping here and there, stopping at the Navarre pier for a drink. Next time, well have a bite to eat.
Headed over to Navarre and stayed at Best Western and enjoyed a meal at Stinkys. Big building with Helen Bach Inn - pizza. 10% discount at the restaurant since we stayed at the motel next door.
Yesterday, we headed east again, checked out the Henderson Park Inn - tempting for a special event.
Made it to 30a, lunch at Red Bar, then heading to Rosemary for Coastal Living house tour, pleasantly surprised that our house was ready early. Headed to the Publix to get frozen treats then on to house. Phased the burned out SUV on Grove:-(
Unpacked, walked to beach, then roade our bikes around Seaside, stopping at Modica and getting our glass of wine. Sat at our bench and people watched. Headed back to the store for Modica coffee, wine, bread, and slab of chocolate cake.
Had dinner at the house - salad from home plus the Modica goodies. Went to the beach and voila, it's now sunday morning, a bite of breakfast, and ready to get on the bikes. Like to do that early in the summer before it gets too hot but riding around Seaside and heading over to Seagrove is still nice in the afternoon.
Red flag...lots of something in the water and on the beach but well adjust:)
You'll recognize me - I'm the one in the boot. Don't need it when I'm on the bike:)
(Every time we head here I wonder if I'll be over it - nope, hasn't happened yet. We do try to go somewhere else each year, but this is a must at least twice a year.)

Ellen

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Hilarious- our BF friends are here this week too. Whole company on vacation this week?:lol:

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
I saw him (Erin?)in Louisville recently when R&D had a exhibit. We must have had about 70 spirits set up. I was in the commercialized area.
We rode our bikes 2 hours, went to the beach 3 hours, pool. Cleaned up and walked to town center for dinner. Lucked out - rain after we sat down, stopped when we were finished. The water had cleared up so anxious to get back out there. Rode our bikes almost 3 hours this am. Heading to beach, then check out Whiskey Bravo on 7/23:)
Mike is stick trying to finish one piece of chocolate cake he bought at Modiac Sat!
Our dining experience was disappointing. A fav place with really good food with a range of prices. Always we're a lot of flies outside some moved inside but ended up with fly in drink. Don't thin any was in my food but it would have been obvious. Feel badly because its a great place but they have a problem and I can't return. I emailed them about it.
Tough decisions each day: how long on the bikes, later on the bikes, how long at the beach, eat at home or go out....Ellen