• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
At Seaside today there is a huge dark area in front of Tupelo but just left of it, it's clear. The beach is short with clumps on the waters edge. Yellow flag. Nice breeze. After 3 hours of enjoying beachside, heading to pool. Ellen

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Heavy sargassum in Grayton, but we walked a short way over to the state park and found a clear swimming spot. The seaweed is so heavy that it is piled on the beach, and in some places the piles have trapped enough sand to make small islands that are fairly solid.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
The shores of Lake Defuniak are currently free of sargassum. To each their beach!
Love this one! Admittedly right now our beach looks like the pits. The nice thing about living here full time is that you know eventually our beaitiful white sand beach will return.

charks

Beach Crab
Jul 27, 2012
We were in Seagrove July 14-21st and the water was some of the best we've experienced in our 5 years coming to 30A. Seaweed was a bit heavy at times...but none of the green algae. The Wednesday we were there (the 18th) was spectacular. Almost flat in the morning and less than 1 ft. waves during the afternoon. Water was crystal clear up to 6 feet...which incidentally aided me in finding my sunglasses that my son knocked off my head!

tailwagger

Beach Fanatic
Dec 9, 2004
Love this one! Admittedly right now our beach looks like the pits. The nice thing about living here full time is that you know eventually our beaitiful white sand beach will return.

Yes to each your beach because I think are beaches look BEAUTIFUL all the time except when there is manmade debris on them! Seaweed is BEAUTIFUL!!!