• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Gulfair

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
Golf carts/low speed cars need to be banned !!

What's the point in having rules if they aren't enforced? Where are the cops when you need them? Not that I think they would do anything that might upset a tourist - God forbid!!!!!!! Anyone here have access to statistics as to how many tickets are written for violations on 30a? It seems from the posts here that there are many violations occurring that the locals see daily (I drive 30a every day) but somehow I see little enforcement. You would think statistically certain percentage would get caught.

This is 30A not Disneyworld or a country club. What commissioners/council people approved this ? I will fight to have these "cars" banned. Our trails and sidewalks
are for walking, running, and biking. This is a disgrace.

Gulfair

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
if you own a low speed vehicle you have to be 16 years old with a valid drivers license and if you rent from us then you have to be 21 to rent and 18 to drive. Electric cart company provides an individual insurance policy with each rental it sends out. We are not some fly by night company. As for underage drivers, please notify us if you see underage drivers with our carts and we will promptly resolve the issue. Hope that helps.
these carts should never have been approved along 30a .. So dangerous !!

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Would there have been a way to keep them out?

I think Florida law is such that they can be legally operated on any stretch of road that has a posted speed limit less than 45 MPH. I guess a local ordinance could be passed but you best bet the owners of the golf cart rental outlets, that have bloomed like mushrooms after a rain, will fight it. Did you see my pic from earlier this week? These people are still in town, I wonder if the golf cart company has done anything...clearly violating the law going on 45 MPH 30-A, but they don't care.

Attachments

• golfcarts45mph.jpg
    golfcarts45mph.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,377

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
And taking pictures while driving is a good idea? :wave:

Probably not when you are going fast but at 25MPH it is not tricky, and it is not illegal. I figured a pic giving a concrete example of golf carts behaving badly would benefit our tourists who rent them and the owners of rental companies who might feel obligated to make sure their renters understand the laws and in this case maybe Classic Rentals would be a good neighbor and take the carts away from these crumbbum renters.

Last edited:

Gulfair

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
We need to coordinate a group to work to have these carts banned. An ordinance or
whatever is necessary. This is NOT DISNEYWORLD. 30A is not a safe place for these
"carts". Our walking and bike paths were intended for exactly that - NOT MOTORIZED
"CARTS". I saw two teenagers and a couple of adults nearly run down a few people at
Seaside and Seagrove last weekend on these "carts". SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE !!

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Enforcing existing rules would solve the problem. Carts are already not allowed on the paths.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Driving west on 30a near watersound / camp creek lake and saw a golf cart (not LSV ) going east on the bikepath. As no cars were around I stopped and told the driver that they were not allowed on the path which is clearly marked. I was rudely told to bugger off and mind my own business - such is the respect for the local laws exhibited by your typical tourist in my experience. It's not the vehicles but the mentality of those that rent them. The business owners say they are doing what is required of them so I guess the only answer is to have them banned. Unless the police get serious about cracking down on these people things are only going to get worse. No warnings only serious fines.