• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Golf carts have hit a new low - now they are driving down the path with their turn signal on! :rotfl:

Gulfair

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
Driving west on 30a near watersound / camp creek lake and saw a golf cart (not LSV ) going east on the bikepath. As no cars were around I stopped and told the driver that they were not allowed on the path which is clearly marked. I was rudely told to bugger off and mind my own business - such is the respect for the local laws exhibited by your typical tourist in my experience. It's not the vehicles but the mentality of those that rent them. The business owners say they are doing what is required of them so I guess the only answer is to have them banned. Unless the police get serious about cracking down on these people things are only going to get worse. No warnings only serious fines.

CONTACT WALTON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS TO PASS AN ORDINANCE TO HAVE THESE BANNED ! They
take away what has historically made 30A what it is ... Only a matter of time before there is a serious,
fatal accident ...

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Tell me, how many ordinances does our county enforce now? So many, many rules, ZERO enforcement!!!

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tell me, how many ordinances does our county enforce now? So many, many rules, ZERO enforcement!!!

Looks like someone is ready for summer to be over. It take s alittle stamina to live here.

What are you REALLY angry about?

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
After 11 years here I have seen it all. But I have not seen our county enforce much. And no, I am not angry. I am just stating the truth. Maybe the truth is making you angry but it's just the way it is here.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I find laying on the horn when they are driving 15 mph below the speed limit and laughing when they are tailgating runners and bikers are great stress relievers.
Just because we call out ahole behavior doesn't mean we are angry.

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I think enforcement may be the answer as I really don't think anyone would be able to successfully get them banned!

Btw - the ones I saw behaving badly were also from classic rental.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
CONTACT WALTON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS TO PASS AN ORDINANCE TO HAVE THESE BANNED ! They
take away what has historically made 30A what it is ... Only a matter of time before there is a serious,
fatal accident ...

I have never seen a golf cart pulled over by an officer either to be given a ticket or to be warned.
As long as this ordinance isn't enforced by the law there's nothing that will change.
It's ashame the WCSO doesn't acknowledge how fatal it's going to be when a golf cart filled with people gets hit by a moving automobile. Unfornately Gulfair, I think that's when something will change :sosad:

Mello Yolo

Beach Comber
Jul 31, 2012
Ahhh..... I think we are missing a golden opportunity here. Ponder this:

1. Outlaw golf carts on 30-A

2. Require golf carts to use Hwy 98, between 4-5 PM.

3. What carnage! Touristas in golf carts doing 12 MPH in 65 MPH zones; locals in their landscape services 4-wheel drive trucks doing 70 MPH in 45 MPH zones.

4. The outcome would be predictable. Charles Darwin would be proud. Let the Deathmatch begin....

All, of course, in fun.....