• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ann watson

Banned
Jun 26, 2012
Seagrove Beach
Walton County has very good schools and some schools perform better than others. I realize that budgets are critical but I also went through life believing that if a person worked hard and achieved the desired results you'd be OK. I lost a career that I dearly loved that spanned more than 32 years. My passion has been teaching. My parents and grandparents were educators and my grandfather was superintendent of schools in Alabama for more than 20 years. I taught first grade in Walton County for four years. I taught in Alabama for 28 years. I'm proud of the achievements and accomplishments of my students over the years. When my children left my first grade class they cound read. Grades 1 through 3 don't take the F-Cat so elementary teachers are the most expendable I suppose. I had no warnings that I'd be dismissed in 2010. On the very last day of school the principal came in, coldly told me that my contract had expired and to clean my room out. Nothing else. I'm also told that the board and principals knew in early May who would be non-renewed. If I had been told that there was a need to cut the more experienced, higher paid teachers prior to my dismissal I would have felt a lot better. Now, I'll go through life wondering what I did wrong. I'm sorry if I can't embrace Mrs. Anderson's continued service. The Golden Rule is something else I've tried to live by.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro

Daydream Believer

Beach Comber
Aug 4, 2012
Well, ask those questions on here, and let’s see if anybody steps up to the plate! I was rather enlightened by some comments from Ragle.

beachbums77

Beach Comber
Jun 21, 2012
While investigating who the people are that gave momey to Anderson I discovered contributors to her campaign include the instruction and curriculum supervisor in the district office (Kay Dailey), the coordinator of the newly created contorversial district department (Randy Stafford), and a district level employee (Megan Dailey.) She is also Kay Dailey's daughter. Nepotism? I understand Megan Dailey's supervisor is Randy Stafford and Stafford's supervisor is Kay Dailey. How can any evaluation of Megan Dailey's job performance be taken seriously? If you were her supervisor and her mother your supervisor would you ever give her a less than stellar evaluation? Also, when trying to find out who these people are and their background it seems that Stafford comes to Walton County from Palm Beach County where he was co-founder of Survivor's Charter Schools and principal of one their schools. It appears, based on articles from the Sun Sentinel and Palm Beach County court records, his position and his wife's (also a Walton County school board emplyee at the district level) ended badly when the Palm Beach County School District seized the campuses due to audit findings of improper use of public funds ($10,000 in Miami dolphins season tickets and $1,691 per month for lease of a BMW, unaccounted for funds from a school store, missing school district owned equipment, etc.) According to public records they settled out of court. Wonder if Anderson knows this? Wow, it's amazing what you hear when you start asking questions and doing a search on the internet :)

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
One interesting item that caught my eye in the 2008 campaign funding is the $3200 that Mrs. Anderson paid to herself and listed as 'travel expense'. I thought such expenses had to be documented and itemized.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
When my wife and I worked for the state, we certainly had to document and itemize our travel claims. If the local governmental agencies do not, they should be made to do so.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Read it again Andy, campaign.​ They may have to be itemized but you may have to go ask for the hard copy. Suggest you call Supervisor of Elections.