• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bellasmomma33

Beach Lover
Jun 3, 2011
I just received a call from Regional Utilities...Boil water Advisory in effect for the next 48 hours. (We live off E Point Washington Rd.)

momof2kids

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
I didn't get a call... I live off of Mack Bayou... Does this mean I don't need to boil?? Hopefully not since I have had appox 30 ounces of water already this morning...

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
From the SWFD FB-

BOIL WATER NOTICE:

PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE IN ITS ENTIRETY!!

August 5th, 2012 PWS I.D. Number: 1660596

ALERT
PRECAUTIONARY BOIL WATER NOTICE
Due to a recent compromise in the Regional Utilities distribution system,
All Residents from Apostles Way on Hwy 98 and Eastern Lake on 30-A going West to Mack Bayou Rd on Hwy 98 ( This includes everthing from the Bay to the Gulf in this area) are advised to boil all water which is utilized for drinking or cooking purposes. A rolling boil for a period of one minute is sufficient to render the water microbiologically safe. Residents are also advised to take precautions when bathing, especially immuno-compromised individuals, infants, or the elderly.
The Regional Utilities system lost pressure on August 5th, 2012 at approximately 7:30 P.M. A loss in system pressure may cause discolored water and could cause backsiphonage of contaminants, such as E. Coli bacteria, into the water system. Water containing E. Coli bacteria can be considered safe for drinking and cooking after vigorously boiling the water. The water system is currently collecting samples to determine if the presence of E. Coli bacteria exists within the water system. The Regional Utilities system is presently taking action to correct this problem, however, this notice shall stay in effect until such time as it is determined that the water is safe to drink. A public announcement will be made to rescind that boil water alert at that time. All questions should be directed to Regional Utilities at 850-231-5114 or visit our website at www.regionalutilities.net for updated information.

Jason Reddick
Superintendent of Water Operations
Regional Utilities
4432 East U S Highway 98

Another boil water advisory? Wow. Regional Utilities robo-calls its customers to let them know. But your renters don't have a clue unless you inform them. So please contact them. They would obviously appreciate that, as well as being contacted when the advisory is rescinded.