• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
Maybe Mrs. Jones can get the same defense lawyer that Ray Sansom used. They have a connection in one of their contributors.

beachbums77

Beach Comber
Jun 21, 2012
If it's change you are really looking for on the BCC then better rethink R. Nelson. He has a close association with Sarah Commander and Cecelia Jones. Three of a kind.

coppertone10

Beach Comber
Jul 30, 2010
As a 30-year resident of Walton County, I know all of the incumbents and many of the new candidates. Here's who I am voting for and why.
Rick Roberts - because I know him to be an honest person with no ax to grind and no personal fortune to try to acrue, just a deep-seated desire to make life better in Walton County. He is running because he is rightfully unhappy with county government and he has solid, common-sense ideas on how to improve things. When it comes to integrity, he's the guy.
Robert Nelson - again, here's a candidate who is not trying to get rich off the job. He has served in the trenches on county boards that bring no glory, no money and no thanks, but still have to be done. He's honest and outspoken, so I never have to worry about where he stands.
Another point about these two candidates - they will provide the two votes needed to put this county back on track. Sara Comander has been the one nay vote so many times that one of the county attorney's told me her nickname is "Ol' 4 to 1." I can't think of a better recommendation. She's the only honest commissioner we have had in years. Anyone who says she's just like Cecelia Jones either doesn't know Comander or doesn't know Jones. Or maybe they just couldn't get their driveway paved.
Speaking of Cecelia Jones, I'm voting for Cindy Meadows. She has integrity and she really looked out for South Walton. She battled No Mo Ro Cuchens, which earns little gold stars by her name, in my book. I'm not fooled by Tim Pauls, who is there only to split the vote away from Cindy to help Cecelia slink back in. Cecelia's big religious facade is like a suit of clothes she puts on whenever it suits her. I am not fooled by it because I know her too well.

As for the two Wild Bills, Bill Chapman already doesn't think normal rules apply to him. When his son was arrested last year for beating up his girlfriend, Chapman bypassed normal arrest procedures and kept his son out of jail. In fact, Sheriff Adkinson demoted Chapman for it. That's not the first time, either. Several years ago, his son stole Chapman's patrol car and went joyriding in it. Though this was known inside the department, the boy mysteriously did not get arrested or even get in trouble. Do we want to elect someone who already doesn't think the rules apply to him? I thought that's what we were trying to get rid of.
Then there's Bill Imfeld. Are you unhappy with the county's financial dealings? Then look no farther. Bill has played with numbers so often to help crooked commissioners accomplish their goals, that his fingerprints can be found on every bad deal for the last decade. That's not even the worst of it. Imfeld has had at least two sexual harassment complaints filed against him since he began with the county. Check the public record. Integrity? I think not.
Finally, for superintendent, I have to support Trish Hutchins. I know her and Carlene personally and although Carlene has done a good job in some areas, it appears the power has gone to her head. She is quick to reward her friends and punish her detractors. Teachers are afraid to speak out. The latest scandal in Paxton is a perfect example. The Paxton principal, who parents and teachers disliked, was moved from Freeport Middle as principal because parents and teachers disliked her. But she ia a close friend of Carlene. Certain Paxton teachers were bullied and accused of being trouble-makers because of several anonymous letter AND that principal is still there. Hmmm. This is just one instance out of many questionable decisions.
Those are my choices. Do the research, check up on these candidates. We have a chance to turn this county around right now. Please make informed decisions.

coppertone10

Beach Comber
Jul 30, 2010
I'm voting for Cindy Meadows, too! However, when Cindy left, Sara Comander took her place as the only one willing to cast the lone nay vote. According to the financial staements all candidates must post, Comander has less money now than she did before so she certainly isn't using the job to feather her nest. She is the only one who works at the job full time and the only voice citizens have. Comander takes our calls, travels all over the county to meets with citizens - not just those in her district. Her only vocal enemies are those who couldn't persuede her to do something just for them without regard to the rest of the people. But she needs help. Let's put Cindy, Rick Roberts and Robert Nelson in office. They want to serve this community. Can you even imagine how much better our county would be if we had four people working together for the same goal - to improve county government?

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Two choices with which I agree out of all of them is pretty dismal. We cancel out each other's vote more than we complement them.

coppertone10

Beach Comber
Jul 30, 2010
Hello Andy, I read posts regularly and we agree so often, I’m curious that our choices differ so much here. What do you know that I don’t know?

memorispence

Beach Comber
Jul 6, 2008
Will Palmer all the way!

New,fresh and full of positive energy! This is what Walton County needs! Out with the old and in with the New Will! Will Palmer for County Commissioner District 5!!!