• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
I try to recycle when possible. It's a shame for people not to do so but it takes cooperation from all residents for it to work. I separate everything but when I take my stuff to the recycle bin, people have dumped non-recyclable garbage in and mixed it all up. I used to sell my aluminum cans but I quit because it's hard to find somebody to buy scrap aluminum, so I just take it to the recycle dumpster.

Joyce Owen

SoWal Staff
Oct 8, 2007
SoWal.com
We use the recycling bins at either Rosemary Beach or the Inlet Beach fire station. Both still take glass. I go to Publix at least once a week and just load up the car and make a stop. While I think a recycling program that was more convenient would be nice, I'm not sure how many would use it.

Veronica99

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2009
Thanks for the info on the Rosemary and Inlet Beach bins. I have a ton of glass that I'd love to recycle!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
It is frustrating moving here from a place that you can be fined for not recycling... I inquired with the county about recycling my cardboard and glass since the recycling trailers don't Accept either material and was told to drive to Defuniak with
my cardboard, and that we dot recycle glass, so I should just put that in my trash can. Is there a private recycling center anywhere that might accept these materials?

**frustrated**

Call John Mark http://www.blu-binz.com/

He has stepped up to the curbside recycling plate. And I agree, curbside recycling has become as commonplace as curbside trash pickup in many communities.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
We use the recycling bins at either Rosemary Beach or the Inlet Beach fire station. Both still take glass. I go to Publix at least once a week and just load up the car and make a stop. While I think a recycling program that was more convenient would be nice, I'm not sure how many would use it.

Where are the Rosemary bins?

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Blu binz rocks! Amazing that a motivated person can make it work, but the county can't - even with all the money we pay for garbage pickup!