• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

chanster

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
it seems to me this is a test for next summer to keep the common folk out

all the common folk are what keeps the business boming in seaside. for principal of it i'd never pay a dime to park. Its insulting as i'm going there to overpay 100% anyway plus they want to charge to park

Garner

Beach Fanatic
My friends who are merchants in Seaside are universally opposed to this. I am hoping that this is truly a one day experiment and the powers that be in Seaside realize the folly. Seaside, this is a big mistake and you are punishing the merchants who make money for you by discouraging the locals from shopping and dining there. Remember, we who live here support Seaside merchants 12 months of the year, not just one week.

Last edited:

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
I doubt the BCC has any sway in this, as it is a private community. However, the havoc it could cause on 30A would be an interesting argument.

I just heard from a reliable source that this is a test for Labor Day and yard sale day.
Yes, this was a trial run from what I was told. Supposed to start Labor Day (crazy ).

My opinion is that in the summer until K-12 starts back to school and during Atlanta spring break, the parking fee is justified. During those times, we stop patronizing Seaside because it is too annoying to fight for parking spots. But imposing a parking fee during other than those times of the year is ridiculous. It hurts the merchants. During the high traffic times, the idea of shuttle buses for employees is a great idea -- my brother works for Delta in ATL does that every day. But when traffic on 30A is so sparse that one could bowl on 30A with no danger, the rules should change.

rosemarydreamer

Beach Lover
May 25, 2009
Middle Tennessee
What has the powers to be in Seaside been smoking? The must be completely out of their pea picking minds. We found this little piece of paradise by accident and ever since we have been coming twice a year for several years. While on 30A we make several trips a day to eat and shop in Seaside. The next great idea that they will want to do is put up a toll booth at each end of the town limits. The first time I'm charged for parking will be my last. I will find another place to spend my money.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
Come to Rosemary Beach! Plenty of free parking. Live music, football on TV. We at Edward's and all of Rosemary welcome you!

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
I am still scratching my head over why we need the TDC to bring in more visitors. If Seaside cannot accommodate parking for current tourists as well as the locals and employees, why would we encourage more people to come here? We already deal with overflow at all the beach accesses, and 30a will not be widened. This stupid charge makes Seaside more elitist and less people friendly. You are dead right about going to the other communities. I, too, feel bad for the Seaside businesses and wonder if they had any input in this decision. We enjoy going to Modica for a beer, coffee, dessert, etc. and shopping in the other stores but we are NOT paying $5.00 for the privilege of paying more money in the first place. I do understand the property owners frustration with the parking but they did know this was a mixed use community, right???

hippiechick

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
I live in Seagrove Beach and find myself at Seaside a lot for Modica treats, Sundog books( spend a small fortune there, not to mention Rolland's Beauty Bar where I get my hair done every 4 weeks, and the Pizza Bar, meeting girlfriends at Crush, getting pineapple sorbet, ect ect ect ect

Now Seaside wants me to pay $5 to park every time I spend my hard earned money at your establishments?
You know what I say to you Mr Greedy Davis.....********* whoops can't say that but I want to.

Destin commons here I come! Maybe some of Seasides vendors will move to a more consumer friendly location before they go belly up!

Wekick

Beach Comber
Jan 1, 2005
Don't they want to get rid of the vendors anyway? They can build more condos that way. That's the plan right?