• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
After last week's turn of events, that future event will pretty much destroy the last remaining "Old Seagrove" business landmark since I started visiting the area in 1987 (Wheelhouse - GONE; Seagrove Villas & Motel - GONE; Seagrove Village Market (building) - TO BE RAZED). I know it's a "good" thing when old landmarks are torn down to be replaced with bigger, better, nicer, grander, higher-dollar structures so that people can be attracted to the area, but for some reason, many of us have been attracted by the "old" stuff for a long time.
I'm not sure you have your facts correct. The Seagrove Village Market is not being razed. The concept has always been to move it to a new location. From what Ann has said, just a few posts ago, this is not happening any time soon. Let's not perpetuate false rumors.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Maybe Seagrove Village Market will be moved to Alys Beach and put next to George's. For those who don't know, Georges is the old Sandor's Rest. building which was located next to the Village Market and moved to Aly Beach by, wait for it, ..... George and Ann Hartley.

Ann hartley

Beach Crab
Aug 14, 2012
Unfortunately we cannot move the building-- but with our plans at this time-- it'll look exactly the same! That sweet old building is held together with bandaids--- it even still has glass fuses-- for those of us who know what those are!!! We promise when the time comes we'll move the business to another Seagrove location and it'll be the same yummy tradition we've all enjoyed for all these years!!!!!!

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Unfortunately we cannot move the building-- but with our plans at this time-- it'll look exactly the same! That sweet old building is held together with bandaids--- it even still has glass fuses-- for those of us who know what those are!!! We promise when the time comes we'll move the business to another Seagrove location and it'll be the same yummy tradition we've all enjoyed for all these years!!!!!!

That sounds cool! It would be awesome across the street but I'm guessing not enough room.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Ann and George are the best and I know they will do their best to keep the same wonderful old Seagrove feel for the Seagrove Market! :bow:
We love the old Sandor building being in Alys Beach as George's, it is always full!! (and WONDERFUL food)