• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic
A mandatory evacuation will be issued at 3:00 pm CST today for residents of Walton County in low lying areas south of Hwy 20. Current forecasts indicate that Walton County will experience tropical storm force winds by 5:00 pm Monday August 27, 2012. The Clyde B. Wells Bridge will close when the wind reaches a sustained 40 mph. Again, this is expected to be at 5:00 pm Monday evening.

Update: The Sherrif's facebook page now says 5:00 pm for the mandatory evacuation.

http://www.facebook.com/WaltonCountySheriff

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
1) FoWal....:clap:

2) This thread reminds me SO MUCH of the threads I read when I first got on SoWal way back in '05. I was looking for info on Hurricane Dennis, and a google and a sticker I had picked up led me to SoWal .com. I couldn't believe everyone was so knowledgeable, helpful and willing to help out in the aftermath. Thankfully, still today, some things haven't changed.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
The Walton County Sheriff’s Office EOC will begin Level 1 Activation on Monday, August 27 at 8:00AM. We are planning on 24 hour operations.

A Local State of Emergency is being issued as we speak and Mandatory Evacuation Orders for low-lying areas, mobile home, RV parks, and non-residents will be issued effective at 6:00AM Monday morning.

Walton County Schools will be closed Monday and Tuesday to facilitate the opening of evacuation shelters.

So to summarize/clarify per the latest EOC message below.
*No evacuations are activating today or at 3pm per previous messages
*Monday at 6am Low Lying, RV, Mobile Homes and Non Resident south of Hwy 20 should begin evacuation
*EOC will activate at 8am on Monday for 24 hr operations
*Walton County School will be closed Mon & Tuesday

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Walton County Schools closed Monday and Tuesday

Walton County Schools will be closed Monday and Tuesday to facilitate the opening of evacuation shelters.

The Walton County Sheriff’s Office EOC will begin Level 1 Activation on Monday, August 27 at 8:00AM. We are planning on 24 hour operations.

A Local State of Emergency is being issued as we speak and Mandatory Evacuation Orders for low-lying areas, mobile home, RV parks, and non-residents will be issued effective at 6:00AM Monday morning.

So to summarize/clarify per the latest EOC message below.
*No evacuations are activating today or at 3pm per previous messages
*Monday at 6am Low Lying, RV, Mobile Homes and Non Resident south of Hwy 20 should begin evacuation
*EOC will activate at 8am on Monday for 24 hr operations
*Walton County School will be closed Mon & Tuesday

Last edited:

Sarah Moss

Beach Lover
Apr 5, 2006
Black Creek
No shortage of gas, propane or any other items.
Maybe they have restocked since last night, but Wal Mart SRB was completely out or nearly out of water, D batteries, Ramen noodles, vienna sausages and SPAM! Dollar General seemed to have everything but D batteries.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Just realased - moving further West!

at201209_5day.gif