• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Amy&John

Beach Comber
Nov 6, 2011
Thanks for the update on the Eastern Lake area. Anyone out there see anything near Sugar Dunes, which is on the east side of Eastern Lake? I've tried to get the live beach cams to display on my computer, but no luck.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Isaac Reaches Hurricane Strength

Hurricane Isaac is now a category 1 strength storm with maximum sustained wind of 75 mph. Water is rising all along the coast from Louisiana to the Florida Panhandle as Hurricane Isaac makes its final approach.
Wunderground

Last edited:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Has the water made it up into the lower units at Eastern Shores? Your help is sincerely appreciated! Great pic, should be plenty of good fishing in the mouth of the lake in October.

From the debris line, it looks like some waves got almost to the sand fencing, but nowhere near the units themselves. It looks like we are at low tide now, and the ocean is easily 50 yards away from the building, maybe more. It's all boarded up and safe.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Thanks for the update on the Eastern Lake area. Anyone out there see anything near Sugar Dunes, which is on the east side of Eastern Lake? I've tried to get the live beach cams to display on my computer, but no luck.

I can't get across the inlet to take a look, but everything on the west side of the inlet is fine, and Sugar Dunes is on pretty high ground, so I'm pretty sure it fared well. The wind is still "brisk" but the water has subsided, and is now running out of the lake, so it must be low tide.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Do they mean between 9:00 am and 9:00 pm today?

Methinks these guys are sitting in an air-conditioned room looking at a computer monitor. Eastern Lake was taking in storm surge water two hours ago, and now the lake (still "beer-colored) is going out into the sea. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Methinks these guys are sitting in an air-conditioned room looking at a computer monitor. Eastern Lake was taking in storm surge water two hours ago, and now the lake (still "beer-colored) is going out into the sea. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

There is a lot of erosion going on now. Walton Alert (Sheriff) just posted that due to the erosion, beaches will be closed until further notice.