• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Everytime

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Shelby County, Alabama
I am ashamed of many Alabama fans.

I was in Auburn this weekend for the Auburn Classic Half Marathon. I didn't see the trees but I ate very well: Provino's (different from the chain in GA, I think), Amsterdam Cafe, Mike & Ed's BBQ, Daylight Donuts. And I don't think the 13.1 miles burned all of those calories...

I am ashamed of many Alabama fans.

I was in Auburn this weekend for the Auburn Classic Half Marathon. I didn't see the trees but I ate very well: Provino's (different from the chain in GA, I think), Amsterdam Cafe, Mike & Ed's BBQ, Daylight Donuts. And I don't think the 13.1 miles burned all of those calories...
I have always wondered if the Provino's there is as good as the one on Roswell Road in ATL.

We have only visited Auburn if (a) we had tickets to a Florida-Auburn game, (b) we were taking our daughter who is 6'3" to the Auburn basketball camp, (c) we needed to make a pit stop on the way to the beach, or (d) we had a really sick dog who needed the expertise at the Auburn University Vet College. The (d) is more common for us. So passing by Exit 51 brings back a lot of bad memories for us.

Funny (yet sad) story. Our Weim started having seizures, so we took her to Auburn. While I was waiting for test results, the vet suggested that I go have lunch or shop because it would be a long wait. I had given an exam that AM, and a student said he was sick and asked for a makeup. Well, I went at Kinnicun's at Auburn while I was waiting to hear from the vet, and who did I see but the "sick" student who missed the exam that morning. He had this "I crapped my pants" look. I was very friendly, but it was so fun to see him squirm. I mean, what was the probability of that happening?

Last edited:

Everytime

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Shelby County, Alabama
I have always wondered if the Provino's there is as good as the one on Roswell Road in ATL.

We have only visited Auburn if (a) we had tickets to a Florida-Auburn game, (b) we were taking our daughter who is 6'3" to the Auburn basketball camp, (c) we needed to make a pit stop on the way to the beach, or (d) we had a really sick dog who needed the expertise at the Auburn University Vet College. The (d) is more common for us. So passing by Exit 51 brings back a lot of bad memories for us.

Funny (yet sad) story. Our Weim started having seizures, so we took her to Auburn. While I was waiting for test results, the vet suggested that I go have lunch or shop because it would be a long wait. I had given an exam that AM, and a student said he was sick and asked for a makeup. Well, I went at Kinnicun's at Auburn while I was waiting to hear from the vet, and who did I see but the "sick" student who missed the exam that morning. He had this "I crapped my pants" look. I was very friendly, but it was so fun to see him squirm. I mean, what was the probability of that happening?

I think the Aub location is different, as it is not listed on the website for the GA & TN locations. It was pretty good and had plenty of options for the 10 people from my running group that were in town for the Half Marathon (which was unfortunately delayed till Sunday due to the Tornado watch; I stayed in town and ran it Sunday).

Since you are obviously a fan of good restaurants, next time you are in Auburn for a sporting event or a vet visit (if you have to drop off the dog for awhile), I would highly recommend lunch or dinner at Amsterdam Cafe on Gay St. It is pricey but worth it. My wife and I have eaten there since we were dating 15 years ago and have seen it transition from a very casual deli/bar type place to a very nice dining establishment with a "fine dining" touch at dinner. Hummous trio for appetizer and Turkey Wrap with homomade sweet potato chips is my usual, lunch or dinner, but I've also tried some of the dinner entrees. Good beer & wine selection too, and they always have college sports on the TVs, despite the "finer" things. I've also heard Hamilton's on Magnolia (downtown, Toomer's Corner area) is good, but we haven't been there yet.

Last edited:
I think the Aub location is different, as it is not listed on the website for the GA & TN locations. It was pretty good and had plenty of options for the 10 people from my running group that were in town for the Half Marathon (which was unfortunately delayed till Sunday due to the Tornado watch; I stayed in town and ran it Sunday).

Since you are obviously a fan of good restaurants, next time you are in Auburn for a sporting event or a vet visit (if you have to drop off the dog for awhile), I would highly recommend lunch or dinner at Amsterdam Cafe on Gay St. It is pricey but worth it. My wife and I have eaten there since we were dating 15 years ago and have seen it transition from a very casual deli/bar type place to a very nice dining establishment with a "fine dining" touch at dinner. Hummous trio for appetizer and Turkey Wrap with homomade sweet potato chips is my usual, lunch or dinner, but I've also tried some of the dinner entrees. Good beer & wine selection too, and they always have college sports on the TVs, despite the "finer" things. I've also heard Hamilton's on Magnolia (downtown, Toomer's Corner area) is good, but we haven't been there yet.
Thanks for the recommendation. The brother of someone I work with has season tix at Auburn and frequently doesn't use his. We enjoy driving down to Auburn and seeing a good SEC game. It's an easy drive from south of ATL.

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
College Football 2012 Smack-Talk....

Only a couple more weeks before the Holiest time of the year begins....College Football

More importantly, SEC COLLEGE FOOTBALL!

Since no one else has started a thread, the Hog Luver' has started one where all smack talk bubba's and bubbette's can put their trash talk into one thread....

So I'll get it started!:D

Here's to you my Bama Friends....Roll(s) Tide!Roll Tide....jpg

Last edited:

darcstar

Beach Comber
Jul 30, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach
espn3%5B4%5D.jpg

When was the last time y'all beat us again?

Bluznbeach

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
www.davidsswan.com
Blue vs. 'Bama

Okay, y'all, let's get this thing STARTED! Below is a (mostly) fictional account of how a couple of typical Sowalers might be getting ready for the Big Game on Saturday night (50 hours and counting!). Enjoy, and remember, this is all in good fun. (P.S: don't be surprised if you see a U-M flag flying over Inlet Beach!)

http://dswan.posterous.com/

:clap: