• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

PC

Beach Lover
Aug 15, 2005
TN
Close to or near the Monterey property at Secrest? Have the lakes made the water brown down that way?
I would really appreciate it.

Word6er

Beach Lover
Jul 30, 2009
Seacrest, FL
The water was nice last weekend. The tannin from the lake is not to bad right now. There is a strong South breeze rolling in and pushing water back into the lakes. What are your travel dates? The weather forecast for next week looks great!

Williams4

Beach Comber
May 10, 2012
Seagrove
We were at Seagrove tonight. The water is more brown than I've seen it since we have lived here (1 year). If it had been calmer (red flags!) we would have swam- it's brown but didn't appear to have much seaweed in it. It was really warm too.
The beach is quite a mess though- does anyone know if nature will be allowed to take her way or if local authorities will bring in sand? The beach is very black and has huge rocky sections along the shore. We took a bag down to gather trash but didn't find as much as expected- we thought the storm would have washed up a lot. We had a great time..... We were just glad it wasn't raining!!!!! Several people stopped to ask if we knew any info.

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic
We were at Seagrove tonight. The water is more brown than I've seen it since we have lived here (1 year). If it had been calmer (red flags!) we would have swam- it's brown but didn't appear to have much seaweed in it. It was really warm too.
The beach is quite a mess though- does anyone know if nature will be allowed to take her way or if local authorities will bring in sand? The beach is very black and has huge rocky sections along the shore. We took a bag down to gather trash but didn't find as much as expected- we thought the storm would have washed up a lot. We had a great time..... We were just glad it wasn't raining!!!!! Several people stopped to ask if we knew any info.

Thank you for doing the trash pickup thing! If everyone were like you that would be so great.

Seagrove has some areas where the remains of ancient mangrove swamps lie just under the surface of the sands. The storm rearranged enough sand so the black outcrops were where some of those old root systems now turned to peat are sticking through.

Last edited:

PC

Beach Lover
Aug 15, 2005
TN
The water was nice last weekend. The tannin from the lake is not to bad right now. There is a strong South breeze rolling in and pushing water back into the lakes. What are your travel dates? The weather forecast for next week looks great!

Coming down tomorrow, hoping there is some sand left on the beach.

PC

Beach Lover
Aug 15, 2005
TN
When could we expect the water to come back with a little clarity? My luck, by the time we leave next Friday.

Word6er

Beach Lover
Jul 30, 2009
Seacrest, FL
I'm predicting the clarity will be fine. The forecast is calling for mostly sunny skies and a north breeze for the start of next week. We were out a couple of weeks ago and the north breeze pushed all of the tannin away from the shore. The good thing is, no rain in the forecast for next week. Safe travels and have a good one!