• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
What the heck!:creepy:

There is a LOT of it- sounded like it was coming from more east direction, now sounding like out over the bay a bit. Why does anybody have a freakin' machine gun?

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
What the heck!:creepy:

There is a LOT of it- sounded like it was coming from more east direction, now sounding like out over the bay a bit. Why does anybody have a freakin' machine gun?

Machine guns give a whole new dimension to squirrel hunting.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Apparently it was some sort of military training on the bay. That's not a sound you expect to hear on a quiet Sunday afternoon!

jack fish

Beach Comber
Jul 15, 2007
yeah i heard it..about 4:30ish. i went down to the water and saw a john type boat with at least one guy shooting into the water....it appeared. he was pretty far out, about 750 yards. pretty damn loud. didn't seem too cool.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Navy. Shooting blanks. But it's not at all unusual to own a machine gun...and it was my father's favorite way to get people's attention back when we were the wild, wild south. (Hint: he punctured some holes in the roof of what is now the Red Bar when he was a constable responding to a riot call. The story my brothers shared said that you could have heard a pin drop when he got done. Love ya dad!)