• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
I've dove Destin and really enjoyed it......except for toting my tank through silly sand. :D
I've not dove PCB, but have heard fabulous things about it just as the previous posters state! Have funn and let us know how you like it!

It's pretty weird that there are five new threads that appeared on scuba diving all at once.

That being said, the only place I have done that is in Bermuda. OMG, you are swimming in the clear water with the most beautiful and colorful tropical fish ever! It is magnificent.

We stopped doing that because I got worried about getting HIV from rental equipment (mouthpieces, etc.). Yikes! If we ever do it again, we will buy our own equipment (except the flippers).

CMD

Beach Comber
Sep 15, 2012
I dove PCB a few years ago. Took a boat out to the old bridge spans that were sunk to create artificial reefs. There wasn't a huge amount of wildlife, quite a few spiny lobsters and some really swift currents, but fun nonetheless. If I remember correctly, some people were spear fishing, which was interesting to me. I had never been on a dive where people fished. I gave up deep-sea fishing to go down and actually swim with the fishes.

The visibility was quite low, my advice would be to check conditions before booking a trip. Have fun!