• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sunnydayballoons

Beach Crab
Feb 24, 2010
My guests are not loving the biting flies on the beach -- what's the best repellent? Are there any sunscreen/repellent combos?

Thanks Y'all

Williams4

Beach Comber
May 10, 2012
Seagrove
My guests are not loving the biting flies on the beach -- what's the best repellent? Are there any sunscreen/repellent combos?

Thanks Y'all

I've found that Cactus Spray works wonders. I think you can pick it up at Seacrest Sundries or For the Health of It. I ordered it off amazon as well.

MRBS

Beach Lover
Jun 5, 2008
I bought two sprays at For the Health of It, both containing eucalyptus oil. They were out of Cactus Juice. I was skeptical but both worked great, on us and the dogs. One product was locally made. Good stuff!

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
Some folks swear by Bull Frog. Spf/ repellent combo. I believe it contains deet.

Marlee

Beach Comber
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove
I called mosquito control and asked what could be done about the deer flies at my house. She told me to get a fly swatter. At first i thought her answer was cute until she told me to call the govenor. Don't we pay a tax to mosquito control?

hippiechick

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
Marlee I have to agree with you that our Mosquito control is pretty sorry. Don't get me wrong though, I am not a proponent of spraying chemicals in the air that we all breathe in, in an effort to kill flying insects. My issue with the person at Mosquito control could not advise you on alternatives for you to try since they will not spray where you live. Flies come and go based on our winds a lot of the time. But if your yard is over running with biting flies that attack you and your dogs, Mosquito control should help you.