• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

happydays32

Beach Comber
Jul 21, 2010
As a multi-generational Walton County from the Liberty Community and a soon to be voter for Governor Romney, I can't pull a full GOP ticket. The one glaring example is the race for Sheriff. Our incumbant has an (R) next to his name, but his actions speak volumes otherwise. Instead of small more effective law enforcement, we have millions sp:sosad:ent on needless EOC Buildings and big ticket salaries for his top tier crony staff. Fewer dollars for those folks who actually keep us safe in our homes. The lowly paid deputies and investigators.

I met his Democratic challenger. He seems like a knowledgable and decent man. All I know is we taxpayers can't afford for more years of Sheriff Adkinson.

In 1980 Governor Reagan running for President asked the American public are we better off than we were four years ago. I ask do we feel safer from crime than we did before Sheriff Adkinson was elected. I don't.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
I don't have a problem with the job the sheriff is doing. But I have a problem with the fact that he is is on the receiving end of campaign money from the same Destin billionaire who funds most of Walton county's other elected officials. While I plan to vote for Romney, I plan to vote for a couple of Democrats and two independents. I'm also a believer in term limits for all political offices. But my opinions are my own and I don't expect I'll influence anyone else. My only agenda is the hope that voters will go to the polls as informed as possible.

Independent Thinker

Beach Lover
Aug 21, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach
Overall I feel Sheriff Atkinson has done a much better job than the guy he replaced. I don't have a problem with him, but I am seriously considering voting against him because I feel he is part of the "good ole boy" network in Walton County.