• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SRJ312

Beach Crab
Oct 23, 2012
Does anyone know where that wonderful Chef, Sandor Zombori, has gone? He use to be at The Vue and he was fabulous. We're desperate to find where he landed. Does anyone know? #help

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I, too, wish he would come back! As I have said previously, he fixed me the best pork chop I have ever eaten. Whoever did not realize what they had at the Vue when they let him go, gets what they deserve. I've been back once since then and to say it was mediocre in comparison is being kind.

30A Eats

Beach Lover
Dec 14, 2011
30A
www.30aeats.com
I have fond memories of my friend Sandor preparing wonderful meals at his quaint restaurant that has since been moved to Alys Beach and is now the home of George's. Sandor has taken many paths since the sale of his restaurant, and to the last of my knowledge is the pastry chef at the Hilton Sandestin. For a wonderful tribute written by part-time Seaside resident Julia Reed and a delicious recipe from Sandor, click on this link. >http://www.nytimes.com/2002/06/30/magazine/food-cachet-of-the-day.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

kipahoumai

Beach Comber
Oct 8, 2009
Wonderful quote from Sandor in the Times article, ''You go to France and you'll never be a Frenchman, but you can be an American, and I really felt that I could live the rest of my life here.''

30A Guru

Beach Crab
Nov 23, 2013
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Sandor @ Sergio's Little Italy

I spoke with Sandor the other day. He is working at Sergio's Little Italy in Grayton Beach (Uptown Grayton). Better yet, he has a fabulous menu and nicely blended Sergio's favorites with many of his own. He has also revisited his Pannonia Pasta days from Pensacola and is making fresh pasta dishes...the real deal! So happy for 30A now that Sandor is back in the kitchen! :)

John

Beach Fanatic
Dec 3, 2005
SoWal
I've heard great things lately about Chef Sandor and Little Italy in Uptown Grayton!

Chef Sandor is doing great things at Sergio's. It's one
of the most interesting menus on 30A. Great food. The place is totally different now. Two Thumbs Up.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Please bring back the fried calamari !! And maybe nightly special pics on Facebook again. Sergio was rocking it last summer( 2013).