• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

whiteyfunn

SoWal Staff
Jul 1, 2005
Seagrove Beach
Sad to see Smiling Fish go but really looking forward to La Playa!

I love the guys at Tango so I'm sure they'll have a spectacular menu and drink list!

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
Oh, I am so sad to hear this, really!! I go to lunch there a lot and bring my dog a lot of the times. All of their food is excellent. I to hope they open in another location and are not leaving us for good. I will have to be sure to eat there a lot before they close in December. Bummer!!!

kwalsh0001

Beach Lover
Jul 26, 2006
SRB
OK, so....... update on the Smiling Fish situation? Any truth to the rumor they are taking over the Fire restaurant location? (That was being discussed at Ed Walline Beach this afternoon, a few beach chairs away from us.....)

(You know how unchecked rumors can be.....!)

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
OK, so....... update on the Smiling Fish situation? Any truth to the rumor they are taking over the Fire restaurant location? (That was being discussed at Ed Walline Beach this afternoon, a few beach chairs away from us.....)

(You know how unchecked rumors can be.....!)

I don't know. I did not hear anything about Fire closing. About one week ago when I was at the Smiling Fish for lunch, I asked one of the waitresses that have been there for a long time if they were going to open someplace else. I know they do such a good business that I could not imagine them closing for good. She said they were looking for another location and at that time she said they were looking down in the Watercolor or Rosemary Beach area. On the East end of 30A she said, but at that time nothing was for sure. Is Fire closing? If it is I would think that would be the perfect location for it. All I know is what she told me so it could be anywhere at this point. The good news is they plan on opening up someplace else for sure!! It is my favorite place for lunch!!

whiteyfunn

SoWal Staff
Jul 1, 2005
Seagrove Beach
I don't know. I did not hear anything about Fire closing. About one week ago when I was at the Smiling Fish for lunch, I asked one of the waitresses that have been there for a long time if they were going to open someplace else. I know they do such a good business that I could not imagine them closing for good. She said they were looking for another location and at that time she said they were looking down in the Watercolor or Rosemary Beach area. On the East end of 30A she said, but at that time nothing was for sure. Is Fire closing? If it is I would think that would be the perfect location for it. All I know is what she told me so it could be anywhere at this point. The good news is they plan on opening up someplace else for sure!! It is my favorite place for lunch!!

I know for a fact Fire is not closing. They are actually going to start serving lunch soon. I think they'll be around for a long time. Sunday brunch at Fire is my absolute favorite!