• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Susan Major

Beach Crab
Oct 27, 2012
We've been going to 30A since way before it was "popular". Blue Mountain Beach in 1992....not much there at the time. We've been back off and on (mostly on) but there has been a shortage of casual dining options over all these years. I don't know, I don't want to go on vacation and have to dress up and impress people. I can do that where I live (if that's what I want to do) but I can't go to a seafood shack on the water. IMHO that's what's missing in the area.

OK, just my 2 cents!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Hello and welcome Susan!

:wave:

There are many casual options in South Walton. We eat out almost daily and believe me, we want casual most of the time. Some of our favorite spots:

The Red Bar
Shorty's Surfside in Grayton
Johnny McTighes in Blue Mountain Beach
Smiling Fish in Gulf Place
Wild Olives
La Cocina
Hurricanes Oyster Bar
Local Catch
Marie's Bistro
Great Southern Cafe
Shades
Nicks on the Beach
Aegean
Don Pedros
A Few Good Apples
723 Whiskey Bravo
Bruno's Pizza
Los Rancheros
98 BBQ
Bayou Bill's
Chanticleer Bakery
Crust

And so many more! Take a look at SoWal.com EAT Page for reviews, photos and Dining Guide.

SoWal is fortunate to have many great dining choices. Even the "dress up" places are pretty casual and relaxed - you seem to find a lot of various "beach casual" attire everywhere you go.

But, the above are some of the more casual dining places. I haven't listed all of my faves but tried to give a range of places available that you might enjoy.

There are also quite a few "dives" in Panama City Beach we love to drive over for on occasion.

Last edited:

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
Come as you are to Edward's in Rosemary Beach where the atmosphere is relaxed, attire is casual (come from the beach or dress to the nines), and the food is amazing. We have courtyard, dining room and chef counter seating. Live music Thursday-Sunday. No reservations, come as you are. Open 5pm Tuesday-Sunday.

Nick's on the Beach

Beach Comber
Jan 21, 2012
Blue Mountain Beach
Come to Nick's on the Beach in Blue Mountain Beach for casual dining. Our restaurant is open for lunch from 11:00 to 4:00 and dinner at 4:00 pm Wednesday through Sunday. We have our annual pot luck dinner Sunday, November 25th.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Come to Nick's on the Beach in Blue Mountain Beach for casual dining. Our restaurant is open for lunch from 11:00 to 4:00 and dinner at 4:00 pm Wednesday through Sunday. We have our annual pot luck dinner Sunday, November 25th.

One of MY top spots for seafood and casual dining with friends! Thanks for posting Nick's!

Chanticleer Eatery

Beach Comber
Oct 14, 2012
55 Clayton Lane, Grayton Beach
Check out Chanticleer Bakery and Eatery in Grayton Beach

Chanticleer Bakery and Eatery opened in Grayton Beach back in June. If you turn north onto 283 at the 4-way stop on 30A we are the first left all the way at the end across from Frank's. We are open Monday-Saturday for breakfast 7-10am and lunch 11-4pm. We offer sandwiches made on our baked fresh daily breads and a wide range of salads with season inspired ingredients. We also have from scratch-made soups on a daily basis. We have both indoor and outdoor seating. We aren't a casual seafood place, but we do offer a laid back atmosphere with terrific 'real' food. Hope to see you soon!

Attachments

• Chanticleer Eatery Fall Winter menu 2012.pdf
    776.8 KB · Views: 128

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Angelina's is another great casual spot.

flajones

Beach Comber
Oct 21, 2009
www.basmatisthirtya.com
Check out Basmati's for Lunch Monday thru Friday 11AM to 3PM, very reasonable and casual, or try the Happy Hour-Half price sushi or hot appetizers, beer and wine, and well drinks, every day from 5PM to 6PM