• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
Not all Republicans. But in Walton County, corruption is a Republican problem. Wendy Victoria had a good article in the Daily News before the election that indicated that the best way to send a message was to elect some Democrats. I would hope that we have some elected officials who are people of integrity but the signals I'm getting are very discouraging. I voted for three Democrats on a county level. I also voted for the Libertarian candidate who ran against Jeff Miller.

Independent Thinker

Beach Lover
Aug 21, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach
I understand your point Bob Wells, the news media around here does a poor job. But, when you have a one party system and people continue voting the same way and expecting different results is sad in my opinion. I don't have the answers to the problems. This much I do know, the Superintendent of Education should be a non-partisan position, this is the first place I have ever lived that it is an elected position. I have always voted for the person I felt had the conviction to to do what is best for everyone and not tow the party line on every issue. Republicans have been in control of this county for the past two decades, they are the ones that should be held accountable for the counties problems.

Last edited:

liz coats

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
Anybody who votes for a candidate just because they're a Democrat or Republican is really stupid!