• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
For all those who vote R and have no concept of corruption and ethics, Jesse Jackson, Jr. also won his district.

30ARosie

Beach Comber
Aug 8, 2008
Rosemary Beach
Qualifications to run for superintendent? Got to have a high school education, as long as you have that your in and the job can be yours!

I'm confused if Anderson had a closed door meeting with no witnesses then how does your source know EXACTLY what happened? Right, they don't, but listening to a one-sided argument is still fun, right?

Independent Thinker

Beach Lover
Aug 21, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach
Read my post again, her mouthy little pet snitch witnessed the events leading up to the closed door session. I stated Carlene exhibited her ignorance by not having a witness present during the meeting. Regardless, the way she reacted was deplorable. Mrs. Ragle was not even allowed to enter her office when she arrived for work.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
On the Carlene Anderson for Superintendent Facebook page there was an endorsement by the chairman of the rubber stamp committee, Dennis Wallace. He was praising her for balancing the budget among other things. Wallace ought to be an expert on budgets. He's on the board of BankTrust (BTFG), one of the many banks that hit bottom after the financial meltdown by making bad loans. It's finally being bought by Trustmark, but the board has been the subject of an investigation and the acquisition has been delayed.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
IT, please clarify. There was someone there when it all went down, but no witnesses. Just trying to understand how the information was shared if no one was there, but they were there. And I agree with having someone in the room. An HR person or other witness should have been present for a meeting of this sort. It was bound to end badly from the start with no one else present and that's just my personal opinion.

OK, IT, I went back and read your prior post and now understand someone was there up to the closed door part. Thx!

Last edited:

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
Walton Academy, the charter school is run by the Rader Group. The Rader Group made a contribution to Carlene Anderson's campaign. I understand that the charter is up for renewal in a few months. Is this really good public policy (ethical)? This is the same outfit that gave Ray Sansom a job. And Bill Eddins is principal in one of the Okaloosa County charter schools. Is he related to the state attorney?

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Who decides the renewal? The SB or Anderson? And I know, I know what everyone says about the board rubber stamping request, but it's an honest question. I think you could probably tie donations by groups to someone they might want something from, from most of the political candidates. People donate and vote for those they think will help their business or cause from the presidential race down to the school board. Not saying it's ethical, but is it illegal? I disagree personally with many things that bother me ethics wise but are perfectly legal according to the law citizens support through their votes.

Two instances I will mention, and please, I am only asking an honest question and am seeking opinions, not for anyone to jump on me or to get upset.

First, Marti Coley really brought home the bacon for her campus in Chiply/Bonifay area and was never held to the same scrutiny as Samson to my knowledge. Second, when politicians come into office, there is always a "reorganization" of the ranks. There were many changes when our sheriff came into office four years ago. Some people went home, some had their rank lowered and some changed positions. When someone changes their cabinet when they enter into or back into office, that is usually expected. I agree that this with Mrs. Ragel was pretty sudden, but if I remember correctly, and I don't always, I'm human, the sheriff's transition team came in before he took office and starting sifting through personnel and where they would be placed or if they would stay.

I'm honestly just asking how is this different in the posters eyes here and not taking any side or saying what has happened is right or OK. I just want to understand what people think about these issues. Thank you for any thoughts anyone wants to share. :)

Independent Thinker

Beach Lover
Aug 21, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach
I get your point, but the changes in the Sheriffs Dept. don't usually occur unless a new sheriff is elected. Why did Anderson decide to relieve Mrs Ragle of her duties the day after the election ? Why was this not done before the school year started or before Mrs. Ragle annouced she would be running for the office ? It just appears to be either a vendictive move, or poor planning and leadership.

Last edited: