• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

hi n dry

Beach Lover
Sep 12, 2005
As a lot owner looking to build sometime in the future, I am intrigued by your optimism on insurance rates for new construction. Granted, meeting new standards is more attractive than not, but I am still sensing the insurance market is sour, new-code compliance or not. You must be having better luck than I am. Do you have any more information on that?

You are fortunate that you have not built a house yet because you can take advantage of more insurance discounts.

A house built to the new 2002 code qualifies for an insurance discount.
There are also other discounts available.

I suggest you call a Florida insurance agent.
The one I use is Mike Hardiman at 622-0448.

I will post later a source of specific information on building recommendations that actually go beyond the new code.

jimmyp5

Beach Lover
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove
hi n dry, we own a lot in Cassine that's in a beautiful, pond-front location, right across the street from one of the pools -- 16 Garden Circle, Lot 16C. We pulled it off the market when prices got so low, but we'd sell it today for $275,000. It's 60x60, and with the setbacks & design regs, could easily handle 2000-2400 sq ft. It's got a lot of trees, and the views out the back of the house will be right over the large pond.

some posters here may chuckle at the price, but we're just waiting for things to come back, no hurry. $199K sounds like a great price, but you may find our lot to be quite attractive

hi n dry

Beach Lover
Sep 12, 2005
Regarding MLS# 421449 $199,000 Cassine Village Lot 5 Blkd Sweet Bay Dr*
I have been informed that those inquiring about this Cassine Village lot have had a difficult time getting in touch with the agent.
I just found out that Kenneth Lovelace has a new cell phone number:
228-238-7226 *

BTW I still have not found any other lot this close to the beach in a planned Seagrove village with amenities at a price this low.

However, the Cassine Village Lot 16C for $275k (see jimmyp5's posting above) is the best price I have seen for such a beautiful waterfront (pond) lot so close to the beach.

hi n dry

Beach Lover
Sep 12, 2005
This lot is the best deal I have seen in such an exclusive
30A gated community so close to the beach and with fantastic Gulf views.

It is certainly not the least expensive lot on 30A, but it could be an opportunity for those that both appreciate and can afford such an upscale community.

This community also has one of the finest architecturally designed pools I have seen on 30A.

A bonus is that the SeaNest community backs up to the state forest.

$395,000 MLS# 430446

Address Lot 5 Sand Oaks Circle Lot Size 46X90
Sea Nest , just west of Eastern Lake

for info contact:
Rita Montgomery
Office Ph: 850-231-6812
Cell Ph: 850-819-5749
Office Fax: (850) 534-1049

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
I have been informed that those inquiring about this Cassine Village lot have had a difficult time getting in touch with the agent.
I just found out that Kenneth Lovelace has a new cell phone number:
228-238-7226 *

Hi,
I actually have this lot under contract for a client. They are going to build and will be closing Mid April. Thanks for the heads up. What a great buy. Jimmyp5 has one in there on the pond across from the pool that is also an incredible buy. I have some hip pockets in Cassine if anyone is interested. They range from low 200's on up.

hi n dry

Beach Lover
Sep 12, 2005
Hi,
I actually have this lot under contract for a client. ... I have some hip pockets in Cassine if anyone is interested. They range from low 200's on up.

A lot in Cassine Village in the low $200s would one of the best current bargains on 30A.
Cassine Village is close to Seaside and has 2 pools, 2 tennis courts, and its own small lake and nature area. In addition it adjoins the state forest.

homeboy

Beach Lover
Jan 2, 2010
Come back in 10 years, prices will still be crazy and you'll still be renting. Will that savings account at the credit union put you over the top?

Blast from the past. Very interesting reading some of the messages on the RE board as things were beginning to crash. Especially posts like this where people were bashing folks that saw the writing on the wall. Wonder what this guy is doing now. Hope he wasn't a buyer during the bubble years.

Looks like another modest bubble is building in some areas along 30A again. Some prices paid for lots in Watercolor look crazy over the past few months. New homes are going for okay prices, but resales still way low in many cases (some even below 2002 levels before the real craze began). Interesting to see prices for new homes so much higher than resales (most of which are already furnished too).

chanster

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
homeboy the bubble is starting to reinflate. i;ve been watching the mkt closely since 2009 and have seen all the sells and buys since then and i'm stunned whats going on. theres been many sales in the last 6-9 months were people actually bought at the height of the bubble in 2005 and have lost very little money selling.many people who bought watercolor lots in 2010 and 2011. have almost doubled there money on several sales. look at defunct high land park were lots got as low as 20k 6-9 months ago and i think pulte bought many of them. somebody paid 25k for one 9 months ago and is asking 120k or so. amazing how this turned so fast

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I don't follow prices or sales very closely but I think part of what we are seeing is a correction in the market where prices dropped lower than they should have in some places. Coupled with a wave of buyers with money who really want property here and were waiting to see how low the market would go and got in at or near "the bottom" in the last couple of years.

SoWal fever is a powerful infection and divine condition.