• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seal

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2006
It seems ATT's coverage has changed in South Walton. I always drop calls now on 98 in the
Alys Beach/Camp Creek Golf Course area.

Has anyone else noticed changes, good or bad?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
There's been talk for a long time about them adding a tower on the east end. One of the reps at the store told me the other day it was about to happen. I said OK and ordered Verizon.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
It seems ATT's coverage has changed in South Walton. I always drop calls now on 98 in the
Alys Beach/Camp Creek Golf Course area.

Has anyone else noticed changes, good or bad?

AT&T has always been spotty down here, especially bad spots include Seaside and Grayton. Dead zones can be found on 30-A between Grayton and Redfish Village. Also dead zone near Borago. Also a big dead zone near Lake Powell/Inlet Beach. My AT&T phone might as well be a paperweight in Grayton/Seaside during summer. Your two remedies are to call AT&T and complain and they will give you a credit as well as a portable signal booster. Otherwise, follow Kurt's lead and go Verizon.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
They offered to give me a microcell booster but I would have to go pick it up and install. When I asked to cancel without fee she waived the fee on one phone. So I'll come out ok when I sell them.

Last edited:

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
There actually is an AT&T tower on the east end. Its on the water tower near Alys Beach. From m experience with it, it has always been messed up. When you call 911, it sometimes puts your location far, far away from your actual location.

lauralbardin

Beach Lover
May 23, 2012
We have AT&T and it is horrible in bmb/grayton area- going to unlock our iPhones and move on to verizon- seems to be the best coverage around here.

seal

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2006
Thanks for the feedback....

I have noticed that ATT signal strength overall as deteriorated in the past few months. It used to be fine, especially in the off season. In the summer, forget it; you may as well just put your phone in a drawer until mid August.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
About a year ago, I called AT&T about the booster. I told them to look at my usage sax proof of how bad the service is in certain areas and at certain times. Funny how there are 6 calls back and forth in the same 3 minutes- all they had to do was look at this dropped called record. They sent a booster for free. It is currently not in use- didn't seem to work that great.

Bellasmomma33

Beach Lover
Jun 3, 2011
The kicker is they are opening up a new AT&T store next to Publix on 98. Gonna have some angry customers when they realize the service is horrible here. I find it the least reliable the minute I hit SanDestin, and once I'm in Destin, forget about it. No signal ever