• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

wesman70

Beach Lover
Jan 30, 2011
Miramar Beach
Cell Phone Provider Advice

Ok gang,
When we were Georgia, Verizon had the best service and coverage area. Now that we are here, we have experienced some weirdness with the service.

Since we are no longer living in the Peach state, we have become open to changing providers to anyone other than AT&T. Any comments, ideas or insights? Is Verizon the best in the area or is Sprint or some other carrier our best bet.

Thanks in advance....

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Ok gang,
When we were Georgia, Verizon had the best service and coverage area. Now that we are here, we have experienced some weirdness with the service.

Since we are no longer living in the Peach state, we have become open to changing providers to anyone other than AT&T. Any comments, ideas or insights? Is Verizon the best in the area or is Sprint or some other carrier our best bet.

Thanks in advance....

Depending on where you are...we have Verizon and it works very well when I am not at home. Sitting on my living room sofa in Point Washington trying to surf, sometimes I have 3G and sometimes I have nothing. But the phone does normally ring when someone calls.

lauralbardin

Beach Lover
May 23, 2012
Cell phone service

We have AT&T for service on our cell phones and it does not work well where we live- anyone have another carrier that works good in grayton/bmb area? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
We have AT&T and live in Blue Mt. Beach. It works just fine 99% of the time. It may not be the service provider, but then, they do vary according to your location. I suggest you check with AT&T store near the WalMart in Destin.

jnealy

Beach Lover
Oct 25, 2011
I live in Grayton and have Verizon, and have no problems getting a signal. My husband's phone is on AT&T and he often has little to no service in areas where I can get a signal. I've found Verizon's coverage to be much better than AT&T when we travel also.

AirRocker

Beach Lover
Dec 21, 2011
AT&T's data network crumbles with the slightest influx of tourists as well as being very sketchy in GB. Because of this, we were forced to switch to Verizon about 6 months ago. We've had zero issues since.

chanster

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
i've had verizon vacationing and living in the grayton area the last 13 yrs. verizon was spotty up until they bought alltel 4 or 5 yrs ago. its awesome now in grayton and everywere

chanster

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
i've had verizon for 13 yrs now. whats funny is verizons service was shaky back in the early to mid 2000's. but since they bought alltel yrs ago its been great. i can't even recall the last time i had a dropped call. its been a long long time

SMcQueen

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2006
Verizon coverage is far and away better than AT&T,, my opinion where we travel. Voice, data and message. Yep, Alltel buyout made a big difference. My wife is a retired AT&T employee with a 25% discount on equipment and usage. We still had to switch to Verizon to make a simple call from our lake cabin in Alabama. But, Verizon ain't cheap and requires a 2 year contract.
We were just down for Thanksgiving week. My sister has the "Dreaded WalMart Straight Talk" service. She had zero problems with voice, data or messaging, moving around from PC Beach toward Destin. Her service is month-to-month about $45 unlimited voice/data/message, renewable on-line, no contract and decent phones. Don't know who the carrier is, but coverage is very good, at least where she travels. My monthly from Verizon for similar services is about 30% higher. I hate WalMart but might have to make the sacrifice for the price.