• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

chanster

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
so from were to were is it 25 mph? many parts of seagrove to alys beach are 35 mph. so all of 30-a is 25 mph? thats crazy

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I can see lowering the speed limit if safety is a concern. A separate bridge for pedestrians and bikes would be a great improvement.

However, they did it after season and didn't do it other places where the path is next to the road so I must conclude the #@$$%#@#% golf carts are really what is behind this.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I drove that stretch this morning, and absolutely tried my best to go 25. I could not do it. It is a rural highway with absolutely no intersecting roads nor any other congestion problems. It feels completely safe going 45. If the bicycles on the bridges are the problem, then have over the top warning signs for both the cars and the bicyclers at the bridges. To be going 25 from Watercolor to Grayton is lunacy.

No thank you on more signs. :doh:

I just left there and saw a 'vette passing someone.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
That's right, kids. Insanely low speed limits leads to more passing

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Which leads to less safe roadways. The more coherent the speed limits, the less passing will occur. We need for the traffic to flow smoothly, with no one doing any passing.

Beach Bimmer

Beach Fanatic
May 2, 2006
South Walton
If the bicycles on the bridges are the problem, then have over the top warning signs for both the cars and the bicyclers at the bridges. To be going 25 from Watercolor to Grayton is lunacy.

Well-stated. I'm not buying that Walton County or FDOT did any recent traffic study in that area before putting up the 25mph signs.

BeachRob

Beach Lover
Nov 30, 2012
It ain't right. It ain't right. It ain't right! That's my commute. It's where I go from the location where I pay property taxes to the place I collect sales taxes.

Golf carts are "neighborhood electric vehicles." That means you use them to get around your neighborhood; not to another development 1.5 miles down the road. Period.

seal

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2006
A golf cart in front of you on 30A is entitled to one free 5 second horn blast. If you really want to have some fun, install a train horn on your vehicle.