• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
We are seldom able to get in the water - frequent red flags. If not that, lots of natural stuff that IS a turnoff when you only get to beach once or twice a year - and isn't that the reason you go to the beach? I use to defend Sowal, but we can ride our bikes, dine out local, shop local, walk, go to concerts etc at home for a lot less money. Sorry. Nice that you don't have to rent to those renters anymore - there won't be that many of us returning. And yes I'm getting cynical in my old age. I think of Tonawanda in Fried Green Tomatoes. (but we might swing by there after the Sugar Bowl....:). Ellen

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I usually find our tourists quite acceptable and refreshing, particularly our Canadian snowbirds who come every year. There are exceptiolns, of course, like the one lady who called my wife a "*****" after she asked her to keep her kids off the dune and not to throw things on them. (there was a fence there, as well). That, however, is a very unusual situation and after the condo owner was notified, the offending party didn't stay long. Respect works both ways and that should always be a consideration.