• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Can't ever get enough of La Cocina. The salsa, spicy cheese dip and chips are outstanding. Love the food and margaritas too. The servers are always happy and provide the best possible service.

Btw, they will be open until Dec 31 then close for 2 months.

whiteyfunn

SoWal Staff
Jul 1, 2005
Seagrove Beach
Went to La Cochina last night. Even though 30A is a ghost town, there was a small wait to get a table. That says a lot about a restaurant. We hadn't been there in a while. Has the salsa recipe changed? It's the best I've ever had -- such a smoky, deep flavor. Has the cheese dip recipe changed? It too was excellent. We both got a combo. Really liked the pulled pork enchilda with verde sauce (although I love verde sauce and would have liked more). Also liked the brisket taco -- really good with a little cheese dip on top. Rice and beans don't do anything for me anywhere except at Bone Garden in Atlanta, so I forgive them for that. :) Didn't need them anyhow -- the taco and enchilada were plenty of food.

It was a happy atmosphere. The bartender was working his butt off, making drinks plus serving food at the bar. Yet he was very friendly and provided great service.

We will definitely be back soon.

Great review, Beach Runner! I'm craving La Cocina now so I think I need to go tonight. They have a great happy hour, too!

30A Eats

Beach Lover
Dec 14, 2011
30A
www.30aeats.com
Tex-Mex 30A EATS

The authentic Mexican Taqueria called Bud & Alley's Taco Bar in Seaside is quite delicious (salsa bar, sangria, fish tacos), as is Amavida Seaside for local hand made Latin fare (tortas, arepas, empanadas, tamales) & La Cocina in Seacrest Beach (great guacamole, fish tacos, margaritas & love their chips and salsa). Close to 30-A on Hwy 98 is Don Pedro's, a favorite of my family (huevos rancheros). Other than that I would say Cantina Laredo at Grand Blvd., Sandestin (table side guacamole, shrimp fajitas, chili rellano). I have not had a problem with seating or service. They have made some menu changes, and I would ask not to have the bell pepper in my guacamole,the cheese dip is chunky. Margarita happy hour is delicious. Last, the hole in the wall El Mercado in SRB on 98. Sit at bar in authentic Mexican grocery. Hope this helps.

I am looking for some really good Tex Mex food on 30A. Ideas? Reviews? It seems there aren't many Mexican places on 30A.

Last edited:

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Amavida is frequently at the Seaside Farmers Market on Saturdays. I picked up a delicious tamale plate a couple of weeks ago.